|Alternative Health Information|
Setting Up Your Office For Health
If you work and are spending one third to one half of your day in an office setting then your surroundings there are as important as those in your home. Although we usually have little control over the buildings we work in, being aware of problems that can affect us will enable us to take counter-measures and may encourage the creation of stimulating and nurturing environments. Below are 10 steps that will help to provide an office that is balanced and conducive to good health and well-being, which will ultimately benefit your health and the health your company.
1) Ergonomically Correct Chair: Make sure that your chair is comfortable and has adjustable height and arms. When you are sitting straight with feet flat on the floor your arms should be at a 90-degree angle when typing on the computer. If you are having to strain or stretch to reach your computer then you are putting stress on the back and shoulder area. Chairs can certainly be expensive but in the long run it will cost much less than spending time at the chiropractor.
2) Green Plants: Plants do more than just enhance the beauty of your surroundings, many actually clean pollutants out of the air as they add oxygen and humidity to the indoor environment. New findings suggest, however, that they may add more than just color and interest. They also filter the air, and can fight against the common high-tech ill, sick building disease. Recent research undertaken by the NASA Space Administration in America has yielded some very interesting results. In a test lasting two years conducted by Dr. B.C. Wolverton at the Stennis Space Centre in Mississippi it was discovered that common houseplants are capable of converting chemical air pollutants into harmless substances. Ivy, one of the smallest of houseplants, does an excellent job of cleaning the air of toxins, especially benzene and TCE. The humble potted Chrysanthemum is another goodie. You can place a number of plants around your office or make up a high scoring clean-air cocktail by adding such plants as Peace Lilies and Parlour Palms. Better still are various forms of Dracaena, Dracaena Warnecki and Dracaena Janet Craig are real pollutant sucking types. Chinese Evergreen and the humble Philoderdron are also two to watch out for.
3) Lighting: Studies suggest that natural light increases human productivity and reduces fatigue and stress. By simply replacing your antiquated fluorescent tubes with full-spectrum tubes, you can instantly enhance your environment and your well-being! Full spectrum lighting emits a natural, balanced spectrum of light that is the closest you can get to sunlight indoors. Based on years of study not only do they bring out true, vibrant colors but they can also ease eye fatigue, improve your mood, reduce cortisol (stress hormone) levels, slow aging of the retina and reduce glare.
4) Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy is the practice of using volatile plant oils, including essential oils, for psychological and physical well-being. Not only does the aroma of the natural essential oil stimulate the brain to trigger a reaction, but the natural constituents (naturally occurring chemicals) of the essential oil are drawn into the lungs and can also supply physical benefit. Aromatherapy can help with a physical condition, can help with symptoms, can affect your mood, or help alleviate or temporarily eliminate stress or other psychological factors. Scenting your office with Lavender essential oil is said to reduce computer errors at least 25%. The following is a good blend to use in the office (must have an aromatherapy diffuser): 2 drops of lemon, orange or bergamot; 2 drops of grapefruit; 1 drop ylang ylang, rose or neroli. Multiply your blend by 4 to obtain a total of 20 drops of your chosen blend. Add your oils to a dark colored glass bottle and mix well by rolling the bottle in between your hands. Add the appropriate number of drops from your created blend to your diffuser by following the manufacturer's instructions. There are also many "recipes" on the Internet to use during the cold and flu season when "office-air" can be extremely contagious.
5) Air Quality: The EPA informs us that 6 out of 10 buildings are "sick" and that indoor air quality is the United States' number one environmental health problem. A recent study by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture found that ionizing a room led to 52% less dust in the air, and 95% less bacteria in the air (since many of the pollutants found in the air reside on floating dust particles). The U.S.D.A. also performed another study to test the effectiveness of negative ionization at removing airborne Salmonella Enteritidis. The negative ions drastically reduced the airborne salmonella particles, prompting the following statement from the USDA. I recommend a negative ion air purifier for the office setting. These units are small enough to fit on a credenza or desk and are very modestly priced.
6) EMF Protection: Detrimental energies from electromagnetic fields emitted from high tension wires, industrial radar, microwave beams, electric current, computers, cell phones, televisions, fluorescent lights and other electrical appliances have been found to be dangerous to mental and physical health. When an individual sleeps or works for extensive periods within electromagnetic frequency zones, these energies create a constant source of stress (altering body polarity) which can lead to fatigue, frustration, tension and illness. Signs of exposure may include drowsiness, chronic aches and pains, sleep disorders, irritability, low energy and general malaise and may lead to more serious health situations such as cancer. These highly disruptive energy fields actually numb or dull our sense perceptions and adversely impacts brain wave activity. Studies have also shown electromagnetic fields (EMF) to induce mild depression in many subjects with the disruption of melatonin, dopamine, and serotonin levels. There are many devices that can be used in the office or put on the computer that will give EMF protection. I recommend the Safe Space II. It is designed to neutralize harmful electromagnetic fields, geopathic disturbances, as well as other detrimental vibrational energies in environments. It is a framed holographic grid (encased behind glass) 2" x 2" and can be attached to any surface?especially the computer monitor. The Safe Space II device clears a spherical area with a 9' radius. You can read more about it at www.ghchealth.com.
7) Colors: Color therapy has its roots in ancient Egypt. Scientific studies recognize that colors bring about emotional reactions to individuals. Our reactions and attitudes to colors differ from person to person. That color affects us all is an undoubted fact. Its significance has been investigated and the results utilized in merchandizing, selling, home decorating, the workplace environment, industry, plant growth, nutrition, physics, physiology, psychology, ecclesiasticism and art. In fact, color is so much a part of our lives that we tend to take it for granted. Colors that are useful in the office are: orange - stimulates creativity; yellow - intensifies the intellect and heightens motivation; red - energizes; blue - calming, fights physical and mental tension; green - fights irritability and has a healing effect on the body. For the office, use colors that you are drawn to as these are the colors that will benefit your health.
8) Music: Just about all offices have some type of music playing in the background. Music can affect emotional well-being, physical health, social functioning, communication abilities, and cognitive skills. Music in the workplace, either from piped-in music or from a radio, is sometimes used to mask sounds. Music can provide mental stimulation while performing monotonous tasks, which can help to reduce stress levels in the office. Some people, however, find music in the office intensely annoying, especially if it is too loud or inappropriate. I have found that soft, up-lifting music is very essential to the office "atmosphere". There is literally a mirage of good background music available on CD's. Search out the Internet on what is right for your office.
9) Breaks: Even the most focused person needs a break at least twice a day. Change of scenery also helps with emotions. One of the best ways to eliminate stress and recharge the body is to go outside for a ten-minute walk. Focus on your surroundings and take deep breaths. This will give you a renewal of energy and will also aid in Vitamin D production. Walk by yourself and focus on clearing your mind. Walking will also get the blood and the lymphatic system flowing.
10) Organization: It is an excellent idea to look into Feng Shui for the office. Feng Shui is basically an environmental science and gives advice on how to create environments in which we feel comfortable and supported. For example, water energy plays a significant role in Feng Shui. Having a small fountain in your office can give a sense of calmness and peacefulness. Keep your office clean and organized. There is no excuse for clutter. Make sure that your desk is clean and that everything is put away before you leave each day. A well-organized, uncluttered desk leads to clear thinking and reduces stress. Make a habit of putting items back in their original place after you are finished using them.
Putting in the extra time, effort and money in getting your office environment "healthy" will pay-off with a multitude of health benefits. Of course, it is assumed that when you are out of the office, you are also taking care of yourself by eating a healthy diet, exercising the body and mind, taking good supplementation and getting adequate rest. All of this goes hand-in-hand in getting and keeping the body healthy. Remember to address your attitude as you travel the path to good health, as negative attitudes are self-destructive. Good health requires desire, determination and discipline in every aspect of your life.
About The Author
Dr. Loretta Lanphier, ND, CCN, HHP is a Doctor of Naturopath, Certified Clinical Nutritionist and Holistic Health Practitioner in the Houston, TX area and Vice President of Global Healing Center, Inc. A teacher and educator, she counsels Global Healing Center clients on the aspects of getting the body healthy and keeping the body healthy. As a cancer survivor, she is able to relate extensively, both as a patient and a practitioner, to clients suffering from disease. She is also involved in researching new alternative disease treatments and products. Dr. Lanphier is Assistant Editor and contributor to the worldwide newsletter Alternative Health & Healing. Visit us on the web at: www.ghchealth.com
Phillies Rumors Tracker: Team sees Xander Bogaerts as 'reasonable alternative' to Trea Turner – Phillies Nation - Phillies Nation
Phillies Rumors Tracker: Team sees Xander Bogaerts as 'reasonable alternative' to Trea Turner – Phillies Nation Phillies Nation
Construction of largest alternative diesel refinery in U.S. faces permitting challenges – Oregon Capital Chronicle - Oregon Capital Chronicle
Construction of largest alternative diesel refinery in U.S. faces permitting challenges – Oregon Capital Chronicle Oregon Capital Chronicle
There is no alternative to alternative assets Financial Times
Cool Pi 4: The RK3588S Eight-Core Raspberry Pi Alternative Tom's Hardware
Woman's Doctor: Needle Tenotomy offers alternative for pain relief WBAL TV Baltimore
The Alternative Tech Stack - Articles Advisor Perspectives
Global Alternative Protein Market to Offer Revenue Opportunity of $142.48 Billion by 2028 | Cultured Meat to Offer Lucrative Opportunity - Yahoo Finance
Global Alternative Protein Market to Offer Revenue Opportunity of $142.48 Billion by 2028 | Cultured Meat to Offer Lucrative Opportunity Yahoo Finance
Leatherback Long/Short Alternative Yield ETF (LBAY) Marks Two-Year Anniversary as a Top-Performing Long/Short Fund - Yahoo Finance
Leatherback Long/Short Alternative Yield ETF (LBAY) Marks Two-Year Anniversary as a Top-Performing Long/Short Fund Yahoo Finance
Alternative approaches to corporate sustainability with Stacy Kauk Economist Impact
Phillies rumor: Dansby Swanson could be club’s alternative to Trea Turner That Balls Outta Here
Alternative locations for proposed interchange discussed Daily Tribune News
The best Google Play Store alternatives for apps and games Android Police
Clanton offers alternative to prohibited alleyway parking downtown - The Clanton Advertiser - Clanton Advertiser
Clanton offers alternative to prohibited alleyway parking downtown - The Clanton Advertiser Clanton Advertiser
Nigella Lawson's Alternative Method For Making Gnocchi Tasting Table
Gundam Evolution Is the Perfect Overwatch Alternative CBR - Comic Book Resources
The Alt Weekly Roundup (12/5) getalternative.com
Molded Pulp Packaging Emerges as an Alternative to Single-Use Plastic in the Transition to Packaging Sustainability - Global Trade Magazine
Molded Pulp Packaging Emerges as an Alternative to Single-Use Plastic in the Transition to Packaging Sustainability Global Trade Magazine
Global Phenotypes of Chromosome Gain Justifies Alternative View of Down Syndrome - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News
Global Phenotypes of Chromosome Gain Justifies Alternative View of Down Syndrome Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News
Man Utd ‘make Rafael Leao transfer alternative target to Cody Gakpo’ as PSV demand £50m for Holland’s World... - The US Sun
Man Utd ‘make Rafael Leao transfer alternative target to Cody Gakpo’ as PSV demand £50m for Holland’s World... The US Sun
An alternative view Swansea City
Analysis | Democrats join Twitter alternative Mastodon in protest of Musk The Washington Post
A former Ohio lawmaker floats an alternative to keep 'special interests' out of Ohio's constitution - WOUB
A former Ohio lawmaker floats an alternative to keep 'special interests' out of Ohio's constitution WOUB
Manchester United 'identify Cody Gakpo alternative' and more transfer rumours - Manchester Evening News
Manchester United 'identify Cody Gakpo alternative' and more transfer rumours Manchester Evening News
Mosqueda Champions Bolder Zoning Alternative 6 in Initial Council Comp Plan Discussions - The Urbanist
Mosqueda Champions Bolder Zoning Alternative 6 in Initial Council Comp Plan Discussions The Urbanist
Larry Hogan’s GOP alternative, with Mileah Kromer Niskanen Center
Victrix Pro BFG review: the best DualSense alternative Digital Trends
The satellite-free alternative to GPS Nature.com
AGCS to boost Alternative Risk Transfer team | AGCS Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty
Wyoming investment board makes 3 alternatives commitments Pensions & Investments
Flickr weighs support for ActivityPub, the social protocol powering Twitter alternative Mastodon - TechCrunch
Flickr weighs support for ActivityPub, the social protocol powering Twitter alternative Mastodon TechCrunch
Axie Infinity Price is 6% Higher at $7.24 - Here's 5 Alternative Game Coins to Buy For 10x Gains - Business 2 Community
Axie Infinity Price is 6% Higher at $7.24 - Here's 5 Alternative Game Coins to Buy For 10x Gains Business 2 Community
New oral drug may become alternative to statins to lower cholesterol Medical News Today
Tunisia: Alternative Energies - Production of Green Hydrogen Should Not Jeorpardise Transition Strategy, Decarbonisation Objectives (Report) - AllAfrica - Top Africa News
Tunisia: Alternative Energies - Production of Green Hydrogen Should Not Jeorpardise Transition Strategy, Decarbonisation Objectives (Report) AllAfrica - Top Africa News
I just watched Netflix's Wednesday — and it's the Harry Potter alternative I didn't know I needed - Tom's Guide
I just watched Netflix's Wednesday — and it's the Harry Potter alternative I didn't know I needed Tom's Guide
Inter Line Up €30M-Rated Bayer Leverkusen Defender Piero Hincapie As Affordable Alternative To Josko Gvardiol, Italian Media Report - SempreInter.com
Inter Line Up €30M-Rated Bayer Leverkusen Defender Piero Hincapie As Affordable Alternative To Josko Gvardiol, Italian Media Report SempreInter.com
UK-based foodtech startup Clean Food Group gets collaborative backing for its sustainable palm oil alternative from Doehler - EU-Startups
UK-based foodtech startup Clean Food Group gets collaborative backing for its sustainable palm oil alternative from Doehler EU-Startups
Comprehensive mapping of alternative polyadenylation site usage and its dynamics at single-cell resolution | Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences - pnas.org
Comprehensive mapping of alternative polyadenylation site usage and its dynamics at single-cell resolution | Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences pnas.org
If you’re thinking about quitting Elon Musk’s Twitter, here’s how to use alternative Mastodon - CNBC
Hive is the latest Twitter alternative to gain steam — and to show how hard it would be to replace Twitter - CNN
Hive is the latest Twitter alternative to gain steam — and to show how hard it would be to replace Twitter CNN
Europe's Top 50 Lenders 2022: The Alternative Lenders, Part 1 Real Estate Capital Europe
Study shows addiction potential and health risks of alternatives to menthol cigarettes - News-Medical.Net
Study shows addiction potential and health risks of alternatives to menthol cigarettes News-Medical.Net
Artist Interview: Scott Ayotte of Born Without Bones getalternative.com
Elon Musk says he'd consider 'alternative phone' if Twitter is booted from Apple and Google app stores - Fox Business
Elon Musk says he'd consider 'alternative phone' if Twitter is booted from Apple and Google app stores Fox Business
Virtual fencing is a possible alternative for Wyoming cattle producers Wyoming Public Media
The Tribrain and Trauma Therapy
When someone experiences a trauma they go into immediate shock. This is very similar to hypnosis.
Eating Healthy Myths Destroyed
All Refined Carbohydrates are Hazardous to Your Health. The average American eats over 300 pounds of sugars each year.
Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice - What, How, and Why!
Since the late 1960's, wheatgrass has become frequently discussed in health and medical circles as one of natures greatest gifts. Classified as one of the most abundant superfoods known to man, wheat (and more recently barley) grass has been celebrated for its nutritional content, cleansing and cell regeneration capabilities as well as being in a form that is easily and effortlessly assimilated and digested by our bodies.
Alternative Medicine, Complementary, Integrative, Wellness, Holistic - What Do They All Mean?
Alternative medicine has grown in so many ways in North America. More people are visiting alternative medical practitioners than Western medical doctors.
Hinoki: Natural Essences in Abundance
Living in a hectic urban landscape, do you look forward to a return to nature, where the richness of plant essences can soothe your fatigued spirit? With the refreshing fragrance of hinoki, an ancient plant that emanates a rich store of natural energy, you would feel immersed in an oasis of comfort even in the midst of the urban jungle.HistoryHinoki is rich in ancient history.
The Effects of Stress
Stress can affect you in four different ways:The Physical Effects of StressThese result in a physically perceived overload. These are present in many forms.
Hypnosis Way of General Indications of Deceit
When the subject is changed, he's in a better, more relaxed mood. The guilty wants the subject changed; the innocent always wants a further exchange of information.
Arthritis Relief and Your Diet
Arthritis affects more than 40 million Americans and is referred to as the most common chronic disease in people over 40. Doctors believe there are over 100 different forms of arthritis, all sharing one main characteristic: they all cause joint inflammation.
Voice Care for Recovery from Colds and Vocal Strain
Every singer, no matter how careful they are of their instrument, has times when they have cheered a bit too much for their team, or had three weeks of cold and flu, and feel plain vocally awful.Here are some tips that will bring you back to health and ensure complete healing for your voice.
Pain Anatomy 101: How Pain Works, And How Your Subconscious May Be Able to Short-Circuit It
In building a strategy for pain relief it may be helpful to understand how pain works. Here's a quick primer to help you grasp the mechanics, and show you the points where your subconscious may be able to intervene to relieve your pain.
Why Most People Dont Really Want to Heal (Part 2)
The story so far..
Massage Therapy is a massage session that takes place in a warm, comfortable and quiet area as you lie on a specially-designed table. Sometimes, soft music is played for relaxation.
Aromatherapy - a World of Frangrance
The ancient Egyptians used aromatherapy thousands of years ago. Aromatherapy, a word that derives from 'aroma' meaning fragrance or smell and 'therapy' meaning treatment is based on an ancient principle that the spirit and the body should be in harmony.
Lavender Pure Essential Oil
Lavender pure essential oil is cultivated and harvested in the Mediterranean today. More specifically, lavender is grown in Provence, France.
Using Hypnotherapy to Beat IBS
Hypnotherapy is one of the best known and most widely used treatments for IBS, and can offer sufferers a drug-free solution to their symptoms of diarrhea, constipation, stomach pain and bloating.There are now many hundreds of hypnotherapists who offer what is called "gut-directed hypnotherapy" for IBS, which takes the general techniques of hypnotherapy and applies them directly to the abdominal pain and digestive symptoms which IBS sufferers struggle with.
Children can develop a stutter at an early age and for the parents it can be a very worrying time.It is difficult to know what to do.
Seven Sinus Headache Solutions
1. Try steam inhalation as one of your sinus headache solutions.
Aromatherapy - Essential Oils for Physical and Psychological Well-being
What is Aromatherapy?It is the practice of using volatile plant oils (and essential oils) for physical and psychological well-being.Before I get started take note that fragrance oils (fragrances) are not essential oils.
The Secret Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) has been used for thousands of years for a variety of healing purposes. In fact, there are references to it in the Bible as a powerful healing agent.
What Type of Arthritis Do You Have?
Arthritis dates back to prehistoric times and is seen all through the ages in the joints of the skeleton remains.Most of you will have problems with your joints and it may be arthritis.
|home | site map|