|Marriage & Wedding Information|
How to Lower a Wedding Cake Price
I recall how Mrs. Ingridman taught me invaluable lessons on how to lower a wedding cake price while still going for the classiest of cakes. After her successful wedding, she told me how she managed to treat her guests with a mouthwatering cake which was bought at reasonable price.
She told me the reasons why most wedding cakes turn out to be expensive are because the cake pans used to bake them are expensive. I will list some of the ways by which you can lower a wedding cake price and choose the best cake for your wedding:
1. Before you agree to give an order to the baker, make sure that the decoration and design is the right kind to suit your taste. Go through referrals and see what prices are being quoted. Look through the samples first before deciding on your cake. A supermarket could offer a wide range of cakes at a lesser cost than your bakery.
2. Decide on how you want to decorate your wedding cake?whether you want to keep it simple and cute or splendid and rich. Avoid over decorating the cake. It is not necessary to have a five tiered cake. You can have your cake stacked if you want.
3. Bakers who are not specially into wedding cakes could still bake the best cakes and cost less. Home bakers too do not charge much and could make lovely cakes.
4. You can borrow the pillars. There are disposable pillars available with your local baker or rental companies which are a better alternative than those crystal pillars if you want to cut down on the cost of the pillars. Let the baker or your local rental company helps you with the disposable pillars instead of the crystal ones.
5. Another great idea would be to find prices at a cake making or culinary school near your place. Students have baking and decorating cakes as part of their curriculum. You can be assured that you will get gorgeous cake and have your wedding cake made at a very low price.
6. Investigate prices at a culinary school near you. If students are baking and decorating wedding cakes as part of their curriculum, the per person charge may be greatly reduced.
7. You can even save on your wedding cake topper prices. In Mrs.Ingridman's case her uncle asked her what she would like to have as a wedding present. Her quick answer was a wedding cake topper. Often relatives and well wishers would ask you to ask what you need as a gift.
8. Another good thing which Miss. Ingridman did, which you may want to do, is that if you buy a multi-tiered cake, see that you decorate it yourself or have the florist do it for you. If you want flowers on your cake but the cost of the artificial flowers isn't fitting in your budget, let your florist put real flowers on the cake. Just make sure that they are non toxic. Check the price of the organicedible flowers.
As Mrs. Ingridman put it, before you meet with any baker, look around for the best samples. In CakeChannel.com Wedding Cake Picture Gallery you will find amazing and interesting varieties of wedding cakes.
Expect to pay per slice of the cake as the cake cost depends more on style than flavors.
Before sign up with your baker, shop around or decide what is the topper you would like, what style you would want for you cake, what flavor is the taste of the season for you and how tiered it should be?but the most important see that your mouthwatering wedding cake comes at mouthwatering price.
What is important to get what you want, at a price which does not tug at your purse strings.
Would you like to learn more about cakes? Do you need wedding cake ideas, pictures, cake toppers or other supplies? Visit CakeChannel.com
could not open XML input