|Marriage & Wedding Information|
All The Details: 25 Ways to Make Your Wedding a Unique and Truly Memorable Event
If you've been to one wedding, you've seen it all. From the flowers and the candles to the dress and the music, the typical wedding can be as predictable and generic as your Uncle Leo's dance moves. For your wedding to stand out, you need to involve your guests in the sentiment and process of the day. It's not the cake or the great food that will be remembered, but all the little details that will make your wedding as unique and memorable for your guests as it will be for you. These 25 ideas on how to personalize your day will make it the event that will be talked about for years to come:
1. Write a welcome note for your out-of-town guests on postcards from the city your wedding takes place. It's a nice personal touch that shows tremendous thought as well as a keepsake that can be saved with photos of the wedding.
2. Include an "About the Wedding Party" section in your programs or on the reception tables for your guests to learn more about the members of your bridal party. Not everyone will know that you and your Maid of Honor have been best friends since preschool.
3. Hang your dress on a pretty silk coat hanger the day of your wedding. People will be taking photographs of the dress before you put it on and you'd like to avoid having it on an old wire coat hanger.
4. Send your invitations to Loveville, Maryland first -- they've developed special wedding postmarks that add a nice "love" touch to your envelope. Call 301-475-5243 for details.
5. Invite the President, Pope, and the Queen of England for a special wedding surprise. Be sure to send their invites out early.
6. If you're planning on taking pictures prior to the ceremony, clear everyone out of the ceremony site and have your groom at the end of the aisle. Walk down the aisle, so it's only the two of you. It's a very sweet and special moment that you can share... and the pictures of the tears in his eyes will be priceless.
7. Place tissues or personalized embroidered handkerchiefs in the rows where family will be seated for their "tears of joy".
8. Write a letter to your mom and dad and have it waiting for them at their seat during the ceremony. It could be about anything: a thank you, how you hope your marriage turns out like theirs, your gratitude everything they have done for you, etc. They will be so touched and honored that you took the time to arrange for this and you'll have them in tears before you begin to walk down the aisle!
9. Have each bridesmaid carry a bouquet made entirely of their favorite flower. Your bouquet will be a combination of all of their flowers.
10. Dress your flowergirl in a bright color rather than a replica of your dress so that the dress can be worn again.
11. Read your vows to candlelight. All your guests will receive a candle on their way into the ceremony. When it comes time for the vows, have your ushers or groomsmen go around and light the candle at the end of the row and let them "pass the flame." It's a nice romantic touch to a very sentimental and powerful moment.
12. For family members who have passed away or cannot physically be there with you, wear something of theirs so that they are with you. It could be a lapel pin tied to the ribbon of your bouquet, your great aunt's pearls, or your grandmother's handkerchief.
13. Pick a special ceremony start time, like 5:17 -- the exact time he proposed to you.
14. Serve your cocktails from a "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" menu. Take recommendations from special people involved in the wedding for their favorite old/classic drink, a new/modern drink, a favorite borrowed unique drink recipe, and a blue cocktail. It's a festive way to get the party started!
15. If an ice sculpture is a must have, go for a martini luge. It's a great accent to every bar and it will certainly give your guests something to talk about!
16. Write special love quotes on the inside of everyone's place cards.
17. Forget the clinking glasses and ringing bells. Have your guests sing loves songs to get you and your groom to smooch during the reception.
18. Have guests sign a tablecloth or guest book platter to be used at special dinners in the future in lieu of a guestbook.
19. Set small photo albums, notecards and a disposable camera at each table. Create a sign asking each guest to write some words of wisdom on the notecards and put the card into the photo album. Make sure they take a photo of everyone at the table. After the wedding you can combine the notecard on the same page as the photograph and you'll have a special keepsake of every guest at your wedding.
20. Be sure to have your parents and married siblings first dances played at the reception- and make sure the DJ or band recognizes them when its played!
21. Rather than doing the money dance, do a "wish dance". The bride and groom start off dancing together, then guests cut in for 10-20 seconds of dancing and their chance to give you any last minute marriage advice and parting words.
22. Assign table numbers by age and accent the decor with pictures of you and fiancé from that time. For example...at table sixteen you could show pictures of your fiancé with his new car and you at your sweet 16 birthday party.
23. Be sure to have a kid oriented table. Lay down block paper for them to draw on, have them make you cards, serve hot dogs, chicken fingers, ice cream sundaes. Perhaps even have a side room for them with Disney movies playing or a magician for entertainment. Your guests will love you for getting the kids out of their hair for the night!
24. Wrap a "keep out" or "no trespassing" sign around your leg outside of the garter. Your groom will find a shocking surprise when he dives in and your guests will find it to be quite humorous!
25. Race through a tunnel of swords, ski poles, sparklers or boat oars for a different grand exit.
Remember that this wedding is about celebrating your love and inviting your family and friends to see a glimpse of who you are. Don't be afraid to do things a little differently... your guests will appreciate and remember your day all the more for it!
Reprint Rights: Feel free to use this article on your website or online publication. Please remember that you must include the resource box and live URL links, exactly as shown below, to the author's website at the end of the article.
Ashley Rader is the owner and editor for Moments of Elegance Bridal, an online boutique specializing in discounted wedding favors, personalized gifts and wedding accents that will truely make your event unforgettable.
23 Of The Messiest And Most Toxic Things In-Laws Did At Weddings â€” Like, They Ruined The Entire Thing - BuzzFeed
23 Of The Messiest And Most Toxic Things In-Laws Did At Weddings â€” Like, They Ruined The Entire Thing BuzzFeed
On the Fifth Try, a First Date to Remember The New York Times
Rita Ora Officially Confirms She's Married to Taika Waititi, Shares Video for 'You Only Love Me' - PEOPLE
Rita Ora Officially Confirms She's Married to Taika Waititi, Shares Video for 'You Only Love Me' PEOPLE
Rita Ora Recreates Wedding in â€˜You Only Love Meâ€™ Video as She Confirms Taika Waititi Marriage - Rolling Stone
Rita Ora Recreates Wedding in â€˜You Only Love Meâ€™ Video as She Confirms Taika Waititi Marriage Rolling Stone
â€˜Like going to hellâ€™: more young Chinese are falling out of love with tying the knot - South China Morning Post
â€˜Like going to hellâ€™: more young Chinese are falling out of love with tying the knot South China Morning Post
Nikki Bella Sets the Record Straight on Rumor She's Not Legally Married to Artem Chigvintsev - E! NEWS
Nikki Bella Sets the Record Straight on Rumor She's Not Legally Married to Artem Chigvintsev E! NEWS
As I remember it: My first marriage | Opinion | athensreview.com Athens Daily Review
I'm Getting Married! But How Can I Afford the Wedding? Yahoo Finance
Some questions about the Bidens' 1977 Catholic wedding Catholic World Report
Shotgun Weddings Were Not That Unusual Back in the Day The Philadelphia Tribune
Ask Amy: Our wedding photos revealed the scene I had missed The Mercury News
Leon County Clerk offering free Valentine's Day wedding ceremony Tallahassee Democrat
Wedding Monroe Evening News
With Their Wedding, a Place of Pain Becomes a Site of Love The New York Times
â€˜Forced marriage is painfulâ€™: brideâ€™s wedding breakdown in China goes viral - South China Morning Post
â€˜Forced marriage is painfulâ€™: brideâ€™s wedding breakdown in China goes viral South China Morning Post
Miranda Lambert celebrates fourth wedding anniversary with shirtless pictures of husband: 'Yâ€™all are welcome' - Fox News
Miranda Lambert celebrates fourth wedding anniversary with shirtless pictures of husband: 'Yâ€™all are welcome' Fox News
Sidharth Malhotra dances with bride at Delhi wedding, shyly changes subject when asked about his marriage with Kiara Advani. Watch - The Indian Express
Sidharth Malhotra dances with bride at Delhi wedding, shyly changes subject when asked about his marriage with Kiara Advani. Watch The Indian Express
Shreya Ghoshal's Brother Gets Married In A Spectacular 'Two States Wedding', Bride Looks Prettiest - BollywoodShaadis.com
Shreya Ghoshal's Brother Gets Married In A Spectacular 'Two States Wedding', Bride Looks Prettiest BollywoodShaadis.com
8 Loose Women relationship bombshells: From Christine Lampard's wedding tears to Jane Moore's ex's arrest - HELLO!
8 Loose Women relationship bombshells: From Christine Lampard's wedding tears to Jane Moore's ex's arrest HELLO!
KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Wedding: Venue and date of marriage of India cricketer with Bollywood actor confirmed? - myKhel
KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Wedding: Venue and date of marriage of India cricketer with Bollywood actor confirmed? myKhel
Five Marriage Laws New Kenyan Couples Should Know Kenyans.co.ke
How Couples Are Incorporating Pickeball Into Their Weddings The New York Times
The President and First Lady Announce the Marriage of their ... The White House
After a First Date at Popeyes, Marriage Was on the Menu The New York Times
Your dream wedding might not be legal â€“ time to update England's old-fashioned marriage laws - The Conversation Indonesia
Your dream wedding might not be legal â€“ time to update England's old-fashioned marriage laws The Conversation Indonesia
Supreme Court Hears Arguments on Whether Wedding Website ... Ogletree Deakins
The Best Wedding Planning Tips for Older Couples or Second ... Katie Couric Media
Congress passed the Respect for Marriage Act. It's not without its ... Pennsylvania Capital-Star
â€˜Still Growing Together,â€™ a Teenage Crush Leads to Marriage The New York Times
Cook County Clerk's Office holds live drawing for 1st wedding of 2023, with winner getting array of prizes - WLS-TV
Cook County Clerk's Office holds live drawing for 1st wedding of 2023, with winner getting array of prizes WLS-TV
New Services Allow a â€˜Buy Now, Pay Laterâ€™ Approach to Weddings The New York Times
The Branded Marriage of Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker The New York Times
Tradition Was Never Their Thing. Why Start With a Wedding? The New York Times
Grand Rapids wedding venue owners who say they wonâ€™t host LGBTQ marriage events get civil infraction - MLive.com
Grand Rapids wedding venue owners who say they wonâ€™t host LGBTQ marriage events get civil infraction MLive.com
Marriage Was Not in His Plan, Divine Intervention Changed That The New York Times
Choosing a Wedding Reception and Banquet Facility
It's time to look for a banquet facility. Most clients end up deciding on a particular banquet facility for two specific reasons - they like how they were treated by the banquet sales staff and they fall in love with the facility when they walk through the doors.
Selecting Your Wedding Centerpieces
Wedding centerpieces help tie together the look of your entire table setting. The wedding centerpieces will affect the linens you choose, the size of the tables and even the number of guests you seat on each table.
How to Choose the Perfect Headpiece and Veil for Your Facial and Body Features
All brides want to be beautiful on their wedding day, and often it is easy for them to picture themselves in a wedding gown. But once something is placed upon the head, the whole perception of self-image is altered.
Legislating Morality: The Sanction of Marriage
Biologically, a coupling between male and female (with some very rare exceptions like aphids, mites, and some lizards) is required for procreation, critical for survival of the species. On the other hand, marriage is a human social contract, historically accepted as the optimum means of raising offspring who require years of care before they become independent.
Gatlinburg Honeymoon Packages
Gatlinburg in Tennessee is the city with streets of art galleries and quaint shops selling local arts and crafts. It is also home to the world-renowned Arrowmont Craft School.
Tips For A Lasting Marriage
My parents gave me this advice about marriage. They have been married since the 1960s and are still happily married to each other.
2005 Mother Of Bride Dress
A 2005 mother of bride dress tends to have a different look and feel to it than did mother of the bride dresses in the past. That's because today's mother of the bride tends to be a different sort of woman, having come of age in a different culture than the typical mother of the bride from eras gone by.
Cheap Wedding Favors
Planning a wedding of any size or budget can have numerous items that may be quite costly. In addition to planning for the dress and cake, a bride will want to spend thought considering the wedding favors for her guests.
Anniversary Gifts that Say I Love You
Exchanging anniversary gifts is a long standing tradition. Many couples seek out traditional gifts for each year of marriage, but others prefer "modern" gifts.
The selection process of your wedding flowers will usually begin with a discussion of the Bride's bouquet. You will have a choice of several basic styles.
Your Disc Jockey Acts As A Wedding Event Planner
Give disc jockey's credit. Many of them have endured so much criticism.
Wedding Reception Perfection: Tips and Suggestions
Over the past years I have performed at many, many wedding receptions. From my experiences I've come up with some keys to help insure a smooth, enjoyable and trouble-free day.
Is Your Marriage Sinking?
Reading this article does not necessarily mean that if you are married then your marriage is sinking. However, if you believe that living under a single roof means you have to compromise with your spouse then your marriage will definitely sink.
Before You Begin Marriage Counseling, Ask This Question
There's an important question that you need to ask the marriage counselor you and your spouse are considering using. The question itself may surprise you, as well as the answer your potential counselor gives.
Choosing a Wedding Date -- When You're Feeling Indecisive
He - or she - asked, and you answered in the affirmative! Now's the time to bask in the romance, and enjoy the first phase of your new life together. But soon, you'll need a response for that timeless question: "when's the wedding?"For some couples, it's easy - they know just when they want to tie the knot.
Wedding Planning Tips and Tricks
Planning a wedding is an exciting thing, and can be very scary. With some basic tips and tricks, you will be sure to make you day special.
The Second Time - Another White Wedding?
That first wedding was a dream, a gorgeous long white wedding dress, a beautiful church, luscious bridesmaids and the groom in tails. Plus all the trimmings and a heavenly reception and a great honeymoon.
Common Format Of A Wedding Reception
The following article can be copied but you must keep about the author section.Common format of a wedding reception:· Arrival of guests at hall· Introduction of wedding party· Introduction of bride and groom· Blessing· Meal· Cake Cutting· Toasts· Bride & Groom's First Dance· Father & Daughter's Dance· Mother & Groom's Dance· Special Dances· Bouquet and Garter Toss· Dancing and FunArrival of guests at reception siteTypically, a wedding lasts about 15 minutes.
Give-and Take: Recipe for Success in Marriage?
A woman once visited a counselor to ask a question about her marriage. I have a funny feeling that you might not be especially impressed with the answer she was given.
Throwing a Las Vegas Garden Wedding
You may not think of Las Vegas as an area known for its gardens but you'd be wrong. There are more gardens in and around Las Vegas than you'd think possible given the desert environment, the heat and the crowds of tourists that never stop coming.
|home | site map|