|Marriage & Wedding Information|
Wedding Planning: Clear Communication with Your Wedding Guests
Effective communication between you and your wedding guests is essential in the months leading up to your wedding. But in this stressful time, how can you maintain healthy relationships with your family and friends when you're flooded with questions and feeling in over your head?
You know your wedding guests ask for details because they care about you. They want to feel involved and informed during this exciting time in your life. And admit it, it's nice to have all the attention focused on you and your Big Day! Yet it can often be a bit overwhelming to answer the same questions over and over again. Or maybe you're concerned that important wedding details will be forgotten or misinterpreted.
In just a few simple steps, you can create easy and accessible sources of information specifically for and about your wedding. When your wedding guests feel informed, confusion will be minimized for them and for you. Everyone wins!
Sources of Information:
1) Both Sets of Parents - Of course, your parents will probably know all about even the most minute detail of your wedding, but remember to go over the basics to ensure that they will share accurate, up-to-date information. Chances are, your parents will receive inquiries when you're not around, so be sure to advise them of any details you wish to have passed along.
2) Bridal Party - This involves everyone from your bridesmaids and groomsmen, to your ushers and guest book attendants. Your wedding guests will definitely direct questions at these individuals, and they'll want to be ready to offer assistance.
3) Bridal Consultant or Wedding Planner - Obviously, this individual will be in tune with your wedding itinerary and details, but ensure that he or she has a quick reference to any and all questions that may be presented.
4) Personal Wedding Website or Wedding Webpage- Post all essential wedding details online so accurate information can be displayed 24/7! Send the web address of your personal wedding website to everyone on your email list. Also include the web address of your wedding website with your wedding invitations so your guests can come back often to view any new details you choose to post.
Important Details to Communicate:
1) Schedule of Events - Include expected starting dates and times for the wedding ceremony and reception, along with the appropriate addresses and phone numbers. Relay maps or driving directions and if necessary, any parking specifications or restrictions for each venue.
2) Wedding Gift Registry - Tactfully and effectively share what your wedding guests really want to know: what you need and where they can go to get it!
3) Contact Info - List the "go to" person you've delegated for any further details.
4) Allergy Alerts - A must-have if your meal selections contain ingredients that trigger well-known allergies.
5) Dress Code Guidelines - If certain dress codes are in effect, it is essential for your guests to be aware of this ahead of time.
6) Special Requests - Special care needs to be given to potentially delicate information such as "adult only" requests or "invited guests only due to limited space". These issues should be presented kindly and firmly, but in a sensitive manner.
7) Travel and Lodging Info - Share special rates you've negotiated or related accommodation details such as blocks of hotel rooms reserved under your names. You may need to supply a unique code for your wedding guests to provide at the time of booking.
8) Weather Restrictions - If any part of your wedding celebration is being held outdoors, convey all back-up arrangements should the weather not cooperate.
9) "RSVP By" Date - Have a deadline by which all RSVPs must be sent in. Set your "RSVP By" date far enough in advance that you can deliver an accurate guest count to your caterer and organize proper seating arrangements for your tables.
10) Currently Unknown Details - Your input is needed, even if you do not yet have a definite opinion or a decision made regarding a certain aspect of your wedding. Sometimes it's helpful when your wedding guests can realize that you have not yet finalized a certain element of your wedding, but will be sure to share more once you have reached a decision. This can ease the pressure put on you and your decision-making process. A personal wedding website is especially effective in these instances, since you may post a "More info coming soon!" page on your wedding website.
Your wedding guests will be thankful for the lines of communication you've established for their benefit. With this in place, you can get back to enjoying your family and friends, rather than feeling overwhelmed by their questions. Clear communication is critical to effectively plan a stress-free wedding. After all, informed guests are happy guests...and happy guests are ready to celebrate your amazing, unforgettable wedding day!
About the Author
Jennifer Benson is Vice President and cofounder of WedQuarters.com Wedding Websites, a leading online wedding service provider. WedQuarters offers complete personal wedding websites, enhanced with online and toll free wedding RSVP services.
Marc Anthony Just Got Married To A 23-Year Old Miss Universe—His Kid Skipped the Wedding to Be With J-Lo & Ben - Yahoo Life
Marc Anthony Just Got Married To A 23-Year Old Miss Universe—His Kid Skipped the Wedding to Be With J-Lo & Ben Yahoo Life
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony's kids notable absentees at his wedding with Nadia Ferreira - Marca English
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony's kids notable absentees at his wedding with Nadia Ferreira Marca English
Robyn Dixon Admits 'Idiot' Husband Juan Dixon's DMs with Another Woman Stalled Their Wedding: 'We Worked ... - PEOPLE
Robyn Dixon Admits 'Idiot' Husband Juan Dixon's DMs with Another Woman Stalled Their Wedding: 'We Worked ... PEOPLE
Josh Duhamel Spent His First Day of Married Life in a Wheelchair While Visiting Emergency Room - Yahoo Entertainment
Josh Duhamel Spent His First Day of Married Life in a Wheelchair While Visiting Emergency Room Yahoo Entertainment
Married At First Sight shock twist: Groom Dan Hunjas now dating busty wedding guest with GG breasts - Daily Mail
Married At First Sight shock twist: Groom Dan Hunjas now dating busty wedding guest with GG breasts Daily Mail
23 Of The Messiest And Most Toxic Things In-Laws Did At Weddings — Like, They Ruined The Entire Thing - BuzzFeed
23 Of The Messiest And Most Toxic Things In-Laws Did At Weddings — Like, They Ruined The Entire Thing BuzzFeed
Clark County Clerk Opens Pop-Up Marriage License Office at Airport ... Clark County, NV (.gov)
Valentine's Day weddings offered at the Plaza de Las Cruces and ... Las Cruces Sun-News
On the Fifth Try, a First Date to Remember The New York Times
I'm Getting Married! But How Can I Afford the Wedding? Yahoo Finance
Sydney marriage celebrant Meggan Brummer recovers beachgoer's wedding ring at the bottom of Balmoral - Daily Mail
Sydney marriage celebrant Meggan Brummer recovers beachgoer's wedding ring at the bottom of Balmoral Daily Mail
‘Forced marriage is painful’: bride’s wedding breakdown in China goes viral - South China Morning Post
‘Forced marriage is painful’: bride’s wedding breakdown in China goes viral South China Morning Post
With Their Wedding, a Place of Pain Becomes a Site of Love The New York Times
Happy third wedding anniversary, is it too soon for leather? Sydney Morning Herald
'Family Karma': Vishal and Richa Are Finally (Legally) Married! Showbiz Cheat Sheet
KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty wedding: How much tax will the newly-married couple pay for expensive wedding gifts? - Zee Business
KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty wedding: How much tax will the newly-married couple pay for expensive wedding gifts? Zee Business
Sidharth Malhotra dances with bride at Delhi wedding, shyly changes subject when asked about his marriage with Kiara Advani. Watch - The Indian Express
Sidharth Malhotra dances with bride at Delhi wedding, shyly changes subject when asked about his marriage with Kiara Advani. Watch The Indian Express
Shivaleeka Oberoi confirms marriage with Drishyam 2 director Abhishek Pathak with a romantic post. See here - Zoom TV
Shivaleeka Oberoi confirms marriage with Drishyam 2 director Abhishek Pathak with a romantic post. See here Zoom TV
Rakhi Sawant reveals that her marriage with Adil Khan is in danger; says “Marriage is not a joke, please - Times of India
Rakhi Sawant reveals that her marriage with Adil Khan is in danger; says “Marriage is not a joke, please Times of India
KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Wedding: Marriage Timing, bride and grooms dress; all that we know about marriage - myKhel
KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Wedding: Marriage Timing, bride and grooms dress; all that we know about marriage myKhel
Happy Fleetwood couple celebrate 73 years of marriage - and they ... Blackpool Gazette
Shreya Ghoshal's Brother Gets Married In A Spectacular 'Two States Wedding', Bride Looks Prettiest - BollywoodShaadis.com
Shreya Ghoshal's Brother Gets Married In A Spectacular 'Two States Wedding', Bride Looks Prettiest BollywoodShaadis.com
Celebrate a Special Valentine's Day at the Courthouse Orange County Government, Florida
Hrithik Roshan And Saba Azad's Marriage: Couple Going To Get Married In A Secret Wedding In 2023 - BollywoodShaadis.com
Hrithik Roshan And Saba Azad's Marriage: Couple Going To Get Married In A Secret Wedding In 2023 BollywoodShaadis.com
KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Wedding: Venue and date of marriage of India cricketer with Bollywood actor confirmed? - myKhel
KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Wedding: Venue and date of marriage of India cricketer with Bollywood actor confirmed? myKhel
Pamela Anderson claims Kid Rock called her 'a whore' amid blowup over her 'Borat' appearance - Yahoo Entertainment
Pamela Anderson claims Kid Rock called her 'a whore' amid blowup over her 'Borat' appearance Yahoo Entertainment
Henry VIII was the King of Hearts! Priceless pendant marking first wedding dug up in field - Express
The President and First Lady Announce the Marriage of their ... The White House
How Couples Are Incorporating Pickeball Into Their Weddings The New York Times
After a First Date at Popeyes, Marriage Was on the Menu The New York Times
Rainbow Wedding Network Expo attendees celebrate passing of 'Respect for Marriage Act' by Senate - 12news.com KPNX
Rainbow Wedding Network Expo attendees celebrate passing of 'Respect for Marriage Act' by Senate 12news.com KPNX
Your dream wedding might not be legal – time to update England's old-fashioned marriage laws - The Conversation Indonesia
Your dream wedding might not be legal – time to update England's old-fashioned marriage laws The Conversation Indonesia
Congress passed the Respect for Marriage Act. It's not without its ... Pennsylvania Capital-Star
The Best Wedding Planning Tips for Older Couples or Second ... Katie Couric Media
Supreme Court Hears Arguments on Whether Wedding Website ... Ogletree Deakins
‘Still Growing Together,’ a Teenage Crush Leads to Marriage The New York Times
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Wed in Las Vegas The New York Times
Cook County Clerk's Office holds live drawing for 1st wedding of 2023, with winner getting array of prizes - WLS-TV
Cook County Clerk's Office holds live drawing for 1st wedding of 2023, with winner getting array of prizes WLS-TV
New Services Allow a ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ Approach to Weddings The New York Times
Should You Wear White?
White is traditionally a symbol of purity and as it was, traditionally, every mans wish to marry a pure woman to be married in white was a sign that you were indeed pure and a "good catch".However in todays social climate that is no longer the case.
Wedding Receptions: How To Set Up The Tables
Getting the wedding tables right can make a big difference to your wedding reception. Get things right, and the reception will be a great event enjoyed by all, with everyone having fun and no-one getting stressed.
Wedding Rings - Through the Ages and for All Eternity
The exact origin of the wedding ring is uncertain and is rife with superstition and mythology. Papyruses dating back to the ancient Egyptian civilization depict wedding rings, and historians credit the land of the Pharaohs with originating this tradition.
The Wide Range of Maui Wedding Ceremonies
Whatever your religious affiliation, or whatever you'd like to experience, there is a Maui wedding ceremony that will suit you. A lot of people prefer the traditional Hawaiian wedding ceremony and there is an interesting tale to tell about that.
How To Survive Your Honeymoon
Once you've mortgaged the rest of your life for the dress and the ceremony, made all sorts of promises in front of everyone you know and danced with your long-lost fifth cousin twice removed, you deserve a little time off to recuperate. It's called a honeymoon.
It's Never Too Early to Renew Your Wedding Vows
When you think about couples who renew their wedding vows, chances are you're not picturing anyone under the age of 50. But the truth is that it's never too early to renew your vows - especially if you didn't get to do exactly what you wanted the first time around.
Planning the Menu for Your Wedding Reception
When you are planning a budgeted menu, you must first know what your exact budget is when it comes to the food and drink specifically. Some people keep the food and drinks separate, but on average, the food and drink are a part of the same bill.
Cheap Wedding Favors
Planning a wedding of any size or budget can have numerous items that may be quite costly. In addition to planning for the dress and cake, a bride will want to spend thought considering the wedding favors for her guests.
What Being Best Man is All About
Being a best man is like many duties you will undertake in your life no problem (even enjoyable) if you are fully prepared.Before we begin let's take a quick look at the origins of the role.
Five Ideas for a More Romantic Honeymoon
Candles, rose petals, satin, succulent foods, perfume-you're probably already familiar with all of these time-honored ingredients for creating a romantic mood on your honeymoon. But candles, rose petals, and other sensual ingredients only go so far.
Atlanta Wedding Receptions
The beginning of the journey of two souls begins with their vows on their wedding day and thus a wedding should be perfect, flawless and blissful. Everything right from the table linen to the food, the venue and especially the wedding gown has to be perfectly arranged with meticulous effort.
Me Tarzan! You Jane!
Once upon a time a caveman, while out for a walk, came a across a young woman. Struck by her beauty he immediately tried to get her attention by violently thumping his chest, his good imitation of Tarzan's victory cry reverberating through the length and breadth of the forest.
3 Emerging Trends In Custom Invitations
There is an overwhelming demand for high quality, custom stationery that really reflects the bridal couple's style, personality, and wedding. It doesn't stop at the wedding invitation set anymore! It seems every modern bridal couple is opting to have their entire stationery ensemble done by a custom invitation house.
Choosing a Maui Wedding Package
Just like anywhere else in America, there are a variety of businesses offering different Maui wedding packages. A quick bit of research online or from the Maui Visitors Information Service, will quickly overwhelm you with wedding package choices.
What Can We Learn From the "Runaway Bride" Story?
Have you heard enough about the "Runaway Bride" yet? Well, stay tuned. This story is not going to wind down for a while.
Planning a Special Wedding Shower
The wedding shower is a traditional party of the marriage process. Often times the bridal party, or the people who have been asked to be in the wedding, will through the party for the couple.
How to Select a Wedding Photographer
Selecting a wedding photographer can be a daunting task. Not only does the photographer need to be able to produce outstanding memories of your wedding day but also has to be able to fit into the celebration and be highly professional every step of the way.
Wedding Budget - What Can You Do To Shave It, Yet Still Have A Memorable Wedding?
OK, so you have your heart set on the top banquet facility in the area. The only thing is once you've done that, your wedding budget is shot.
Wedding Day Hair Styles - A Top Ten Checklist
The big day is fast approaching, and the energy of themoment sweeps you up. But does it carry your hair alongtoo? Use the following checklist to ensure your wedding dayhair is everything you dream it will be:1.
Wedding Videography - When Getting it Right on the 1st Take Counts, Hire a Professional
Getting married is one of the most stressful events anyone will ever endure. So many details and preparations go into the making of a successful wedding.
|home | site map|