|Marriage & Wedding Information|
Marriage Tips: Fifteen Ways to Say "I Love You" in 3 Minutes or Less
To keep romance alive and nurture the intimacy in your marriage, you'll want to know a number of ways to express your feelings to your spouse. There are certainly times when you'll want to put a significant amount of time and energy into a project that shows your love for your spouse in a major way, such as planning a surprise birthday dinner party that includes family and friends or a new deck that you spend several weekends building.
But it's also important for you to know a number of smaller gestures you can make to convey loving feelings on a frequent basis. Little expressions of love and appreciation add up over time and can help ensure that your relationship will keep its special sparkle and glow.
Here are fifteen ways to say "I love you" that you can easily implement even during a busy work week:
1. Blow your spouse a kiss as you walk through the room. Smile, and let your eyes twinkle mischievously. You might remain silent, or you could say something such as, "Catch!" or "This is for you!"
2. Surprise your spouse by kissing the back of his (or her) neck as he sits in a low-backed chair that gives you easy access to his neck, such as a dining room chair or a computer chair. (For an extra reaction, you might lick his neck one or two strokes with your tongue after you kiss it)
3. Give her (or him) a brief neck and shoulder massage.
4. Leave a sweet message on his (or her) voice mail.
5. Send a short but sweet email. (Don't send your spouse a sexually explicit email at work. Save those for his or her personal email account.)
6. Write a one sentence note that describes a specific trait or quality that you love about your spouse, such as "I love your beautiful blue eyes that remind me of the sea." Or you could write, "I love your fabulous shoulder muscles that make you look so strong and sexy." Put this note in your spouse's purse, lunch, or brief case, or on his (or her) bed pillow.
7. Give your spouse a lingering, wet kiss, accompanied by a full body hug. (Many relationship gurus advocate that couples do this at least once every day.)
8. Hug your spouse and scratch her back at the same time. If you're lucky, your spouse will also scratch your back while you're scratching hers.
9. Give your spouse a compliment. Be specific, such as "You look great in that new pullover-I love how that color looks on you!"
10. Tell your spouse once specific thing you appreciate that he (or she) does. For example, you might say, "I really appreciate how hard you work to bring in extra income," or "You're a great dad-always so patient with the kids!"
11. When you're at the grocery store, pick up something special for your spouse-a favorite candy bar, a choice piece of fruit, a small plant, one long-stemmed rose, a special cheese, a festive balloon, etc. When you get home, say "I bought something special just for you because you're so special." Or wait until later and leave the item with an 'I love you" note for her (or him) to find.
12. Look for some little act or chore you can do for your spouse to make his (or her) life easier. For example, without asking, Lee will often empty the wastebasket in my office for me when he sees that it's full. Or I might offer to make a phone call for him to save him time on a busy day. These types of gestures say "I love you and want to show you that I care."
13. The next time that you have to buy a birthday card for someone, also buy five or six cards that your spouse would like. They might be romantic cards, thinking-of-you cards, or funny cards. Once every week or two, drop one in the mail to your spouse to arrive at the office or home, or leave a card in the car on the driver's seat or some other place for him (or her) to find.
14. When you get "take-home" food containers in a restaurant, later secretly take your spouse's container out of the refrigerator and decorate it. You might draw two hearts linked together with your names on the hearts and write "I love you" on her (or his) box.
15. Look for poems or song lyrics that you can give your spouse to communicate your loving feelings. Check out http://www.romantic-lyrics.com/ to find lyrics to beautiful love songs, love quotes, and romantic poems. You'll also find a great selection of love song lyrics at http://www.theromantic.com/lovesongs/main.htm .Just print out some of your favorites (use special paper to make it more special) and keep them back, ready to pull out and give your spouse with a note that says, "This expresses just how I feel about you."
Nancy J. Wasson, Ph.D., is co-author of Keep Your Marriage: What to Do When Your Spouse Says "I don't love you anymore!" This is available at http://www.KeepYourMarriage.com, where you can also sign up for the free weekly Keep Your Marriage Internet Magazine to get ideas and support for improving your marriage.
Opposition leader has "wedding" with partner in call for same-sex marriage to be legalised in Poland - Notes From Poland
Opposition leader has "wedding" with partner in call for same-sex marriage to be legalised in Poland Notes From Poland
D.C. couples rush for marriage licenses as government shutdown looms The Washington Post
Ed Sheeran says he knew bride and groom were fans before crashing their Vegas wedding with new song - CBS News
Ed Sheeran says he knew bride and groom were fans before crashing their Vegas wedding with new song CBS News
Parineeti Chopra drops unseen video from her wedding; sings 'O Piya' for husband Raghav Chadha - Times of India
Parineeti Chopra drops unseen video from her wedding; sings 'O Piya' for husband Raghav Chadha Times of India
George Clooney Responds to Speculation That His Marriage to Amal ‘Wouldn’t Last’ After Their Rumored Rough Patch - SheKnows
George Clooney Responds to Speculation That His Marriage to Amal ‘Wouldn’t Last’ After Their Rumored Rough Patch SheKnows
Wedding rates are going down in Utah, but there are still a lot of married people - Salt Lake Tribune
Operator of Large-Scale Marriage Fraud "Agency" Pleads Guilty Department of Justice
Heckman: Choose rituals, wedding size that you want Pocono Record
A Wedding Is Not a Marriage The Good Men Project
For Martha's Vineyard Locals, Weddings Help Pay the Bills The New York Times
William Gleason and Fareez Giga Marry in Kent, Conn. The New York Times
“Good Morning America” Host Robin Roberts Marries Amber Laign The New York Times
Dr. Emilio Quines and Angie Cruz, both Octogenarians, Marry The New York Times
Alexa Nicolette and Mladen Vasic Marry in Southampton, N.Y. The New York Times
Following COVID and Vatican doc, marriage prep changes Arkansas Catholic
85 couples renew wedding vows at FBC Pineville’s two campuses The Baptist Message
The secret to 70 years: Oconomowoc couple celebrates 70th ... - Greater Milwaukee Today | GMToday.com
The secret to 70 years: Oconomowoc couple celebrates 70th ... Greater Milwaukee Today | GMToday.com
Boggs and Yadav Marry in San Clemente, California Columbia Star
Melissa Joan Hart shares marriage success secrets after celebrating 20-year wedding anniversary - Fox News
Melissa Joan Hart shares marriage success secrets after celebrating 20-year wedding anniversary Fox News
Jennifer Lee and Dr. Sachin Jain Marry After Six Days of Celebrations The New York Times
Bridesmaid dresses stolen off woman's front porch, with the wedding a month away - WKRC TV Cincinnati
North Carolina couple gets married hours after tropical storm Ophelia makes landfall - WXII12 Winston-Salem
North Carolina couple gets married hours after tropical storm Ophelia makes landfall WXII12 Winston-Salem
The Actors KJ Smith and Skyh Black Marry in Malibu, Calif. The New York Times
Katherine Jenkins celebrates her ninth wedding anniversary as she shares sweet loved-up snaps with her husband - Daily Mail
Katherine Jenkins celebrates her ninth wedding anniversary as she shares sweet loved-up snaps with her husband Daily Mail
Photo: Bowmans celebrate 50 years of marriage | The Daily Chronicle Centralia Chronicle
Anya Taylor-Joy Appears to Confirm Her Marriage a Year After ... Parade Magazine
Ladi Fatade and Kimberly Alexander Marry in New York The New York Times
A Connection That Came From Sharing a Similar Tragedy The New York Times
Scherr-Sumey to marry August of 2024 | News, Sports, Jobs Fairmont Sentinel
My marriage…With Koffi Tha Guru Punch Newspapers
Priyanka Chopra gives newlyweds Parineeti Chopra and Raghav Chadha marriage tips: Protect this beautiful - Times of India
Priyanka Chopra gives newlyweds Parineeti Chopra and Raghav Chadha marriage tips: Protect this beautiful Times of India
Getting married in Monaco Monaco Tribune
BBC newsreader celebrates 'miracle' 20 year anniversary after being told she was dying from cancer six months - Daily Mail
BBC newsreader celebrates 'miracle' 20 year anniversary after being told she was dying from cancer six months Daily Mail
Starfield: How To Get Married DualShockers
They fell in love and lost each other in South America. Then a note stuck on a door brought them back together - CNN
They fell in love and lost each other in South America. Then a note stuck on a door brought them back together CNN
Kim Kardashian faces more furious backlash as video of her bashing sister Khloe's wedding to Lamar resurfaces - Daily Mail
Kim Kardashian faces more furious backlash as video of her bashing sister Khloe's wedding to Lamar resurfaces Daily Mail
Darwen couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary Lancashire Telegraph
The new age of extravagant public marriage proposals: Romantic or just too much to take? - Gulf News
Dog parade, costume contest planned in Lakeville SouthCoastToday.com
Love, Money, And Wedding Woes: Woman Doubts Her Fiancé's ... The Rakyat Post
Civil Wedding Ceremonies San Mateo County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder & Elections
Weddings City of Jersey City
Texas judge still fighting to deny wedding ceremonies to gay couples The Texas Tribune
Like Sand Through an Hour Glass
Symbols! Weddings are full of them. Exchanging rings.
Should You Wear White?
White is traditionally a symbol of purity and as it was, traditionally, every mans wish to marry a pure woman to be married in white was a sign that you were indeed pure and a "good catch".However in todays social climate that is no longer the case.
Wedding Centerpiece Ideas
Everybody who has decided to marry wants their day to be special and they want every aspect of their day to be just so. When it comes right down to it just how important are your wedding centerpiece ideas?Think about this, how many times have you noticed a centerpiece? Has it been to say "what a fantastic display" or "how unusual" or has it been to comment on what a poor arrangement as you move it out of your way? Personally I have done all three but the last one happens the most.
The SURGE of the URGE!
Have you ever heard the expression, "The Urge to Merge"?It is a term relating to sexuality and marriage. The "URGE" symbolizes sexual interest, and the "MERGE" symbolizes marriage union.
3 Steps to Marrying the Right Person
Marrying for love, financial security and/or companionship does not guarantee long lasting happiness. While legitimate reasons for entering into a marriage, they can blind a person to the signs of a doomed relationship.
Wedding Planning 101: Create a Wedding Planner
Did your wonderful husband-to-be recently "pop the question" and now you are wondering what on earth you have gotten yourself into with trying to plan a wedding? Don't panic! I was there once and I remember the first few weeks of having no idea what to do or where to start. Our wedding date was only five months away and I was completely clueless as to what type of ceremony I wanted, what colors I liked, who would officiate, where the wedding would take place, and on and on the endless unknowns went.
How to Have a Sizzler of a Honeymoon. Article No.2
Ah! It's the wedding night. You've cut the cake, drank the toast, danced the dance, and now, at last you are completely alone.
Marriage Tips: Breathe Your Way to a Happier Marriage
One way to increase your chances of enjoying a happy marriage is to remember to breathe deeply. Are you surprised by this recommendation? You're probably not the only one.
Nevada Wedding Laws
While you may be headed to Las Vegas for a quickie wedding or a prolonged celebration, take time to find out what the law requires before you buy that plane ticket. Each state's laws differ, and many couples get married in Las Vegas because the law allows them to marry quickly.
How To Pick The Perfect Wedding Dress
Perhaps the biggest worry of a bride-to-be, is picking out the perfect wedding gown. There are many questions you need to ask yourself before you ever step foot inside a bridal shop.
Organizing The Wedding Menu
Deciding the menu is a pretty simple affair. Once you've chosen your menu items, you can move on to organizing the wedding menu.
Jewish Wedding Traditions - The Wedding Day in a Nutshell
Many of the Jewish wedding traditions are derived from ancient Jewish wedding customs dating back thousands of years.Orthodox Jewish weddings always include these customs.
Man Made Diamonds, The Affordable Alternative
Diamonds may be a woman's best friend, but modern man made diamonds are so good as to be indistinguishable from real diamonds. And when you look at the huge savings on price, man made diamonds may be a woman's best decision.
Your Wedding Invitation's in the (e)Mail: Pros and Cons of the Virtual Wedding Invitation
From purchasing the garter to choosing the photographer, brides (and grooms!) are online and as the Internet's many advantages have begun to permeate most every aspect of wedding planning, a single question has been popping up more and more: can I use the Internet for my wedding invitations? As a wedding website designer I've answered numerous emails from brides asking if an email announcement to visit their wedding website can not just supplement their wedding invitation but actually replace it. It's an interesting idea, one with the potential to save a great deal of time and money.
Meaningful Wedding Gift Ideas
A wedding is one of the most special days planned in a life. Everything must be perfect, thought of and taken care of so that the wedding day turns out as beautiful as a dream.
"Til death do us part" is still the language used in most weddings. Couples enter marriage with the hope of making a lifetime commitment.
Why You Should Buy that Wedding Gift from the Gift Registry - OR, the Wedding Gifts from Hell!
When you come to choose a wedding gift it's no wonder that marrying couples issue a wedding gift registry. It's how to get exactly what you want; here are some true-life stories of the worst wedding gifts ever.
Brad Pitt - Jennifer Aniston Marriage Undermined by Inappropriate Friendship with Angelina Jolie
Speculation continues about the break-up of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston, and what role Angelina Jolie may have played. At least three different rumors are circulating as to what may have been the cause.
Unique Wedding Favors
When it comes to consideration for the right wedding favor, the possibilities are endless. Couples have so many options available today, that it may appear to be a daunting task to settle on the right token of appreciation.
Searching For A Discount Mother Of The Bride Dress
You can look fabulous at your daughter's wedding in a discount mother of the bride dress. There's no need to spend a lot of money on an expensive dress if you don't have to.
|home | site map|