|Marriage & Wedding Information|
Women and Marital Issues According to Internet
Following is a list of question that, I believe, can lead to an in-depth discussion on this most vital issue. I hope you can take advantage of this opportunity to avail yourself of these questions in any appropriate situation.
QUESTIONNAIRE ON WOMEN'S ROLE IN CHURCH AND SOCIETY
1- Should women be given equal opportunity along with men in employment in all cases? What about the military? What about sports? If not, explain.
2- Should women receive equal pay for equal work alongside men?
3- Do you feel one should lower the quality standards in a certain situation solely to prevent genderdiscrimination?
4- Who has the major responsibility for nurturing a child in a marriage; Or financially supporting the home: The man or the woman? Why?
A) What is the prime purpose of a marriage?
B) What are the economic factors that could affect your conception of what a marriage arrangement should be, and what could be done to change this situation if it needs changing?
C) What are the career interest factors that could affect your conception of what a marriage arrangement should be, and what could be done to change this situation if it needs changing?
5- Are the woman's major responsibilities in life to have children and take care of the home?
6- What are the physical and emotional differences between men and women that might affect their role in life?
7- What might be the role of a woman in Church? What about ordination to any of the following offices: Deacon, Elder, Pastor, Priest or Bishop?
8- If man were to rule over woman at the beginning of time because woman came from man according to Genesis 2:21-23, why did God say that man should rule over woman after the Fall (Gen 3:16)? A) Could you say that man and woman became equal or helpmates once again after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Gal 3:28)?
9- Could one of the reasons why Jesus only chose men as Apostles be that even though the Gospels are in the New Testament, they are really part of the Old Testament whereby women were still thought to be submissive to men as a result of the Fall?
10- Doesn't being the head and being submissive in and of themselves create an inequality?
11- In reading Paul's letters, should you consider that everything that Paul wrote as being a universal truth, or should you distinguish within his writings what's universal and what's locally situational?
12- If women are treated more as unique individuals, instead of as sex objects, would this lessen the need for pornographic scenarios some men have?
13- Do you believe that as more and more churches use ordained women clergy, women clergy would be more acceptable within Christian religious circles?
14- As more churches accept women clergy, do you feel Christianity offers women more equality than any other major world religion?
15- Do you feel a woman pastor could more effectively counsel a women counselee than a male pastor could? Why, or why not?
16- Do you feel that if more and more Christians experience the pastoral leadership qualities that some women possess, that women clergy ordination would become less and less of a divisive issue within the Christian Church?
17- Do you feel one should never be judged solely by gender as to what one can or can not do in life? I do, but what do you think?
On Internet, I asked question # 1, and received 9 responses, which were really mixed in opinions, but I do feel that there should be an equal opportunity for women to be employed in all professions without lowering the entry standards in such professions, and even if some professions don't seem to lend themselves to femine abilities. They should still at least have the opportunity to prove otherwise. And women should also receive equal pay for equal work as well. But if they just want to be housewives instead, that's OK too. What do you think about this whole area of concern?
A 2nd Internet Question: WHY ARE THERE SO MANY DIVORCES AND SEPARATIONS IN THE WORLD TODAY?
1) Corbin says: I believe this is because that most people really are not prepared for marriage to begin with.
Two suggestions I would make concerning this are 1) that there should be a 3 to 6 month counseling period for a couple before they get married, and 2) marriage counseling should be a continuous process from the crib to adulthood with an emphasis on the responsibilityof having children.
2) Marilyn says: Corbin, I absolutely agree with you. I think a three to six month period of Biblical counselingwould be ideal. However, the reality is there will always be single moms and I would like to see the church help these women so they don't have to work. (and I think that's a Biblical position too).
3) John says: Good topic. These suggestions probably will help, but unfortunately in reality both partiesto a marriage don't put enough effort in to save their marriages, and they think divorce is an easy way out. And it's especially bad for the kids in these marriages.
4) Jim says: Corbin, I definately agree with you that there should be more preparation before marriage.I believe that the best time to educate children about marriage and relationships is in high school. I don't think that marriage and child rearing education need to go hand in hand. Many couples choose not to have children. I think what is important is that young people need to be taught about expectations - what's realistic and what's not. Young people should be taught more about how to really get to know someone, and that takes time...and definitely not to rush into anything.
5) Jill says: Pre-nup counseling and teaching proper expectations are great ideas, but I'm not sure itwould work in the real world when you're actually involved in a real commitment. It's like trench warfare. You really don't know how you're going to react until you're fired upon.
6) Joan says: I believe society encourages divorce, and that we have to pass stricter laws governing divorce, especially when children are involved. It's really not necessarily greener on the other side of the fence.
7) Jay says: I think one of the problems young people have in contemplating marriage is that they have toget on the other side of the wall of their infatuation for each other, so they can really get to know each other before they make a lasting commitment.
8) Cliff says: A pastor I know has always required counseling sessions for couples who wanted to be married by him. Otherwise he wouldn't marry them.
9) Jane says: My husband and I only knew each other for 3 months when we got married and I was pregnantat the time. But over time we found out what true love was all about. Despite this, I feel counseling before or after a marriage is always a good thing.
10) Mary says. Actually, example is the supreme teacher in building relationships.
11) Arthur says: Respect and caring for another more than ourselves is the very essence of love.
12) Sarah says. I was married twice. The first for 16 years in a miserable marriage. I tried to make it a success, but couldn't. The second turned out to be a dream of a marriage for 20 years. So sometimes divorce is necessary.
13) Mathew says: In Australia there are what is known as "Marriage Enrichment Weekends" which help to strengthen marriages that are already in existence.
14) Steve says: First, there has to be a common, mutual bond before getting romantically involved.Then there is agape love, one that loves without condition. Jesus, during His ministry, was about that. My wife and I are Christians, serving the Lord with our marriage and our lives. We have been through many trials and frustrations within the 5 years we've been married. But it is Christ that has strengthened us. Preparation for marriage is more than the wedding. It takes a commitment on both parties to seek out for the others well-being, but first and foremost to seek after what the Lord desires for both their lives.
15) Shirley says: I think the big problem is that so many kids grow up in families with bad role modelsfor parents. Bad marriages breed children who grow up and enter bad marriages. Young people jump into marriage thinking it is going to be the answer to all their problems and they will live happily ever after without realizing the difficulties involved. Couples look at their parents and think they will not make the same mistakes but then they marry and do the exact same things. Even after some counseling, more often than not, the young couple are so in love and planning the wedding that they are not planning for the marriage. Young people should realize that marriage is a vocation. It is a lifetime commitment and jumpingship when the going gets tough should not be an option. I am a firm believer that if two people once loved each other, even if they think it has died, it can be revived, with work and perseverence.
16) Corbin says: To help one prepare for marriage and a lasting relationship, I have a list of questions oneshould really ask oneself about one's partner. See below. The most difficult problem in relationships is actually one's attitude toward money. Marriage really should be based on a cold calculated decision, NOT on some madly pasionate romantic desire. In other words, you should marry your best friend, NOT your best lover. Many times I think there's more effort exerted in planning the wedding rather than the marriage.
A 3rd Internet Question: WHAT IS THE ROLE WOMEN SHOULD PLAY IN LIFE?
Corbin says: Although a number of respondees mentioned that the role of men and women can be different depending upon the circumstance, which I agree with, I believe women should be free to pursue any activity that they so desire, and feel qualified to undertake. In looking at Scripture, it states paraphrasing "In Christ, there is neither male nor female" (Gal 3:28), so that much of what it says about women in Scripture could be a situational local truth according to Paul, and not a Universal Truth. Many on these websites also interpret Scripture literally in that every word that's in the Bible comes from the mouth of God. I disagree in that the Bible, I believe, could be thought of as a baby carriage carrying the baby, and we have to distinguish between Universal Truths (the perfect baby) and the situational local truths (the baby carriage, which can have some errors on it) concerning the role that women might play. And why Jesus only chose men as Apostles instead of women could be that theGospels were written as really part of the Old Testament whereby women became free again after the resurrection. What do you think?
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF ABOUT YOUR PARTNER THAT COULD HELP BUILD A STRONGRELATIONSHIP, IF YOU CAN LIVE WITH THE ANSWERS
A) Personality Traits
1) has good taste in choice of clothes.
16) believes too strongly that the church knows best in all things.
27) worries about his or her health.
33) enjoys being with me.
43) sees sex as more than physical love.
F) Personality Traits II
54) faces our life together with confidence.
67) has a family that is more or less cultured and/or educated than mine.
82) enjoys and sees humor in situations and jokes that are funny to me.
88) is willing to work hard for success.
99) worries about spending money for pleasure.100) understands "the cost of living".
110) believes in me and in my love.
125) will treat me as his or her equal in marriage.
AN AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
I was born in New York City in 1931, grew up on Long Island, graduated from Roanoke College in Virginia with a BA in Political Science, and from New York Theological Seminary with a Masters in Religious Education. I became a committed Christian in 1958, and after a number of years became a committed Ecumenical Christian. I worked as an accountant in various companies for about 25 years in New York City, then moved down to Argentina and worked for about 21 years as a Business Englishconversationalist teacher with some of the top managers. I also became a Stephen Minister (trained counselor) while down here. I was married twice (the last to an Argentine), widowed once, have no children and one cat. If you want to contact me, you can write to me via (email@example.com).
Kiara Advani-Sidharth Malhotra wedding postponed? The Tribune India
Wedding Announcement: Nichole Kluk-Christopher Gervase Los Alamos Daily Post
Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence play-fight about who pays for wedding if their children marry - Yahoo! Voices
Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence play-fight about who pays for wedding if their children marry Yahoo! Voices
Planning a Wedding? These 3 Florida Cities Are Among The Best Places to Get Married in 2023 - NBC 6 South Florida
Planning a Wedding? These 3 Florida Cities Are Among The Best Places to Get Married in 2023 NBC 6 South Florida
Clark County Clerk Opens Pop-Up Marriage License Office at Airport ... Clark County, NV (.gov)
An Enduring Commitment, Wedding Ring or Not The New York Times
Historic Athens: When school children got married | Opinion ... Athens Daily Review
Married At First Sight newlyweds reveal bride's wedding dress caught on FIRE during their ceremony - Daily Mail
Married At First Sight newlyweds reveal bride's wedding dress caught on FIRE during their ceremony Daily Mail
Married At First Sight wedding guest Samantha Symes busts out as she shows off her GG-cup cleavage - Daily Mail
Married At First Sight wedding guest Samantha Symes busts out as she shows off her GG-cup cleavage Daily Mail
Teen girl kills self as wedding called off amid Assam child marriage crackdown, another woman threatens suicide - India Today
Teen girl kills self as wedding called off amid Assam child marriage crackdown, another woman threatens suicide India Today
Las Vegas-style wedding in Dubai: Marriage licence in just 24 hrs The Siasat Daily
I caught him sleeping with a woman on wedding day after ... NewsBreak Original
Legendary billionaire investor Nelson Peltz is suing his daughterâ€™s wedding planner after her over-the-top marriage to David Beckhamâ€™s son - Fortune
Legendary billionaire investor Nelson Peltz is suing his daughterâ€™s wedding planner after her over-the-top marriage to David Beckhamâ€™s son Fortune
Axar Patel Wedding: India All-Rounder Shares Dreamy Pictures From His Marriage Reception After Tying the - LatestLY
Axar Patel Wedding: India All-Rounder Shares Dreamy Pictures From His Marriage Reception After Tying the LatestLY
Athiya Shetty gives a special touch to wedding trousseau as she engraves 7 vows of marriage on her kaleere - Bollywood Bubble
Athiya Shetty gives a special touch to wedding trousseau as she engraves 7 vows of marriage on her kaleere Bollywood Bubble
â€˜Forced marriage is painfulâ€™: brideâ€™s wedding breakdown in China goes viral - South China Morning Post
â€˜Forced marriage is painfulâ€™: brideâ€™s wedding breakdown in China goes viral South China Morning Post
A Friendship Evolves, Thanks to an Unusual Date â€” With Grandpa The New York Times
Civil Service couple set example with â€˜quietâ€™ wedding, sponsor orphansâ€™ education - The Indian Express
Civil Service couple set example with â€˜quietâ€™ wedding, sponsor orphansâ€™ education The Indian Express
Karishma Tanna Celebrates First Marriage Anniversary With Husband Varun Bangera, Revisits Wedding Memories |.. - Jagran English
Karishma Tanna Celebrates First Marriage Anniversary With Husband Varun Bangera, Revisits Wedding Memories |.. Jagran English
Sidharth Malhotra dances with bride at Delhi wedding, shyly changes subject when asked about his marriage with Kiara Advani. Watch - The Indian Express
Sidharth Malhotra dances with bride at Delhi wedding, shyly changes subject when asked about his marriage with Kiara Advani. Watch The Indian Express
Prince Harry wanted marriage so badly as Prince William tied the knot The News International
KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Marriage: Wedding Venue, Guest List & Everything You Need To Know - CricketTimes.com
KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Marriage: Wedding Venue, Guest List & Everything You Need To Know CricketTimes.com
Pamela Andersonâ€™s dating history from 12 day marriage to Christmas wedding to bodyguard - OK! magazine
Pamela Andersonâ€™s dating history from 12 day marriage to Christmas wedding to bodyguard OK! magazine
KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Wedding: Marriage Timing, bride and grooms dress; all that we know about marriage - myKhel
KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Wedding: Marriage Timing, bride and grooms dress; all that we know about marriage myKhel
Hrithik Roshan And Saba Azad's Marriage: Couple Going To Get Married In A Secret Wedding In 2023 - BollywoodShaadis.com
Hrithik Roshan And Saba Azad's Marriage: Couple Going To Get Married In A Secret Wedding In 2023 BollywoodShaadis.com
'I can't express how special this day was': NRL couple Zoe and Benji Marshall share important relationship milestone - 9Honey Celebrity
'I can't express how special this day was': NRL couple Zoe and Benji Marshall share important relationship milestone 9Honey Celebrity
Tammy Wynette's 5th Husband Played the Organ at Her 4th Wedding Showbiz Cheat Sheet
The President and First Lady Announce the Marriage of their ... The White House
How Couples Are Incorporating Pickeball Into Their Weddings The New York Times
After a First Date at Popeyes, Marriage Was on the Menu The New York Times
Rainbow Wedding Network Expo attendees celebrate passing of 'Respect for Marriage Act' by Senate - 12news.com KPNX
Rainbow Wedding Network Expo attendees celebrate passing of 'Respect for Marriage Act' by Senate 12news.com KPNX
Your dream wedding might not be legal â€“ time to update England's old-fashioned marriage laws - The Conversation
Your dream wedding might not be legal â€“ time to update England's old-fashioned marriage laws The Conversation
The Best Wedding Planning Tips for Older Couples or Second ... Katie Couric Media
Congress passed the Respect for Marriage Act. It's not without its ... Pennsylvania Capital-Star
Supreme Court Hears Arguments on Whether Wedding Website ... Ogletree Deakins
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Wed in Las Vegas The New York Times
â€˜Still Growing Together,â€™ a Teenage Crush Leads to Marriage The New York Times
New Services Allow a â€˜Buy Now, Pay Laterâ€™ Approach to Weddings The New York Times
Cook County Clerk's Office holds live drawing for 1st wedding of 2023, with winner getting array of prizes - WLS-TV
Cook County Clerk's Office holds live drawing for 1st wedding of 2023, with winner getting array of prizes WLS-TV
In step toward civil marriage, Jerusalem court accepts â€˜Zoom weddingsâ€™ from Utah - The Times of Israel
In step toward civil marriage, Jerusalem court accepts â€˜Zoom weddingsâ€™ from Utah The Times of Israel
Nobody, I repeat nobody likes a bridezilla bride. If you feel this feeling taking hold of your higher thinking processes fight it! Fight it will every fiber of your being, if you don't your friends may never forgive you.
Jewish Wedding Rings - Traditions and Customs and How to Buy Smart
In a traditional Jewish wedding ceremony, Jewish wedding rings play a very important role. In Jewish law, a verbal declaration is not enough to be married.
The Wedding Dress Revealed
Fashion Trends and Popular Styles and ColorsThe Wedding Dress - How did it all begin?Did you ever wonder how the tradition of wearing a wedding dress came about? Wedding dresses have been worn by brides young and old alike for centuries. In modern times almost anything passes for a wedding dress however, in times of old, traditional wedding dresses were flowing gowns usually white in color.
Planning Weddings on a Budget
Planning as early as possible for your wedding is the key to maintaining a budget you can afford. It is a good idea for both the future Bride and Groom to do this together.
Fabulous Wedding Favors For Every Budget
Wedding favors are a delightful detail for any wedding shower, wedding reception, or wedding related gathering. There are thousands of things to pick from when it comes to wedding favors and the message you want to convey.
Exciting Costa Rica Honeymoon Vacations
Couples experiencing their first Costa Rica honeymoon vacations are never dismayed. This scenic Central American nation is rich in nature and wildlife, with pristine oceanic coasts on two of its borders.
Diamond hunting can be quite traumatic for the uninitiated. It is a big purchase and often one that has high emotional content.
Marriage Counseling: How to Keep Jealousy From Destroying Your Marriage
Jealousy has often been called the "green-eyed monster," and with good reason. The "monster" is fueled by envy and can over time devour the trust and harmony in a relationship.
How Wives with Cheating Husbands Can Gain the Upper Hand
Too many wives with cheating husbands put up with their husband's infidelity because they feel they have no choice, or they don't know what else to do. If you're in a similar situation, don't despair.
Wedding Planning -- Staying Within Your Wedding Budget
Planning and organizing a wedding budget can greatly reduce the stress of putting together a wedding. The very thought of a wedding conjures up images of finery and elegance, music and dance, fun, frolic and lavish spreads.
A Summer Wedding
THE sunshine had come out to ensure the wedding of footballer Benji and his wife-to-be Sabine had the perfect backdrop. For the month before the excitement had been growing amongst the players and supporters of St Cernin de l'Herm, a village in the south west of France, as the day came ever closer.
Whats in a Greek Wedding?
The wedding service in the Greek Orthodox faith is an ancient and beautiful ceremony, which has been celebrated in its current form for centuries. The wedding ceremony is full of symbolism and is a great experience if you have never attended one before, because it is likely to be quite different from other weddings you have attended in Western Europe.
The High Cost of Resentment and Anger in Marriage
Many spouses carry heavy suitcases filled with a collection of anger and resentment from their marriage. Periodically, they unpack these suitcases and review every situation in which they feel they were treated unfairly.
How to Have a Sizzler of a Honeymoon! Article No.5
Every woman in the room agreed that Crichton was a cracker of a butler. Even before you began to open your mouth to say, "Crichton, I need" there was a shawl around your cold shoulders, drink in your thirsty hand, and a foot stool under your weary feet.
Your Wedding Invitation's in the (e)Mail: Pros and Cons of the Virtual Wedding Invitation
From purchasing the garter to choosing the photographer, brides (and grooms!) are online and as the Internet's many advantages have begun to permeate most every aspect of wedding planning, a single question has been popping up more and more: can I use the Internet for my wedding invitations? As a wedding website designer I've answered numerous emails from brides asking if an email announcement to visit their wedding website can not just supplement their wedding invitation but actually replace it. It's an interesting idea, one with the potential to save a great deal of time and money.
Wedding Favor Creator
Wedding favors have always been a nice, personal gesture to include in your wedding preparations. Unfortunately, there are too many "cookie-cutter" type favors out there, which portray the couple's lack of interest in providing something unique.
Wedding Planning 101: Create a Wedding Planner
Did your wonderful husband-to-be recently "pop the question" and now you are wondering what on earth you have gotten yourself into with trying to plan a wedding? Don't panic! I was there once and I remember the first few weeks of having no idea what to do or where to start. Our wedding date was only five months away and I was completely clueless as to what type of ceremony I wanted, what colors I liked, who would officiate, where the wedding would take place, and on and on the endless unknowns went.
The Perfect String Quartet Repertoire for Your Wedding
Here follows suggestions and tips that will help you determine the ideal programme for your Wedding day. A String Quartet can provide music for every stage of your Wedding.
The Runaway Brides ( & Grooms)
The 1999 Julia Roberts movie 'Runaway Bride' is about a woman who gets nervous about marriage and runs away at the last minute, leaving the groom at the altar. If you thought this happened only in reel life, the running away recently of Jennifer Wilbanks, a 32-year-old from Georgia who concocted a kidnapping story to escape the wedding, should prove otherwise.
10 Common Wedding Reception Mistakes
Every bride wants a fairytale wedding. Therefore, this article is to try and minimize problems that may occur during a wedding reception.
|home | site map|