|Time Management Information|
Time Management Tips for Busy Moms
If you are like most moms I know you think to yourself, at least once a day, "I wish I had more time!" Most of my clients come to me at some point asking how they can get more hours in the day. Unfortunately, the truth is you can't. There are only 24 hours in a day and it is impossible to make more. That being said, there ARE ways you can cheat and create more time for the things you want to do.
1. Prioritize! This one is especially important if you are prone to procrastinating or starting something and never finishing it. Each morning you should make a list, written or mental, of what needs to be done for the day and list them in order of importance. This can be done just as you're getting out of bed or while you're having your morning coffee. If your mornings are already hectic I suggest getting up a mere 3-5 minutes early because that is really all you'll need to make this list. If you're not a morning person you can also make a list right before bed the night before but then I suggest it be a written list so you don't forget anything. When making your list, try and be aware of how your body reacts. When you think of #1, your most important thing for the day, does you body contract? Do you feel nervous or tense? If that's the case then maybe it needs to be broken down into more manageable parts or baby steps. Don't try to do too much all at once or you'll end up getting nothing done at all! You might also consider making a second list of less important things that could be done in 5-10 minutes increments. This way, when you have a few minutes to kill between activities you won't fall into a "black hole" (see #2). Get that little bit of dusting done, throw the clothes into the dryer or make that hair appointment during your down time.
2. Get rid of what I call "black holes" or time wasters. Things like TV, checking your email every 5 minutes, online or computer games, and phone calls from chatty friends can be fun but they are also HUGE time wasters. According to a government census the average adult watches a total of about 70 days of TV per year!!! I bet you can think of a lot more important things you could do with that time. Think about this statistic: the number of minutes per week the average American child (2-11years old) watches television is 1197 but the average number of minutes per week that parents spend in meaningful conversation with their children is 38.5. Just spending those 70 days playing and relaxing with your children would be time better spent. Think about setting aside time each day where you turn off your TV, phone, and computer and work diligently on your to-do list. Even an hour will increase your productivity greatly.
3. Don't be afraid to say no. So many women and especially mothers have a problem with this. They think they have to do everything and be everything to everyone. They want to be "super mom" and "super friend" and "super wife". Well I bet if you talked to your kids, friends and husband you find out they'd be perfectly happy with you just being yourself. Taking on too much adds more pressure on you then you need and prevents you from working at your best which means everything will take longer to do. You will procrastinate more if you're forcing yourself to do things you don't really want to. You need to protect your time. If you're still finding it hard to say no, it might help to come up with a list of reasons you want to protect your time. What do you want to do with any free time you get? These might include time so you can do things to make progress towards your longer term goals (you do have goals, right?), spending time with people you love and care about and who nurture you, or so you can do things that bring you pleasure and joy like a walk through the woods, painting, swimming or reading a good book.
4. Ask for help. You may be thinking men are the ones with problems asking for help, they won't even ask for simple directions but most of my female clients have problems asking for help as well. Just like being afraid to say no, they are afraid to ask for help because they think they have to do everything themselves. This is so untrue. You are no in this world alone. You have friends and family and even total strangers out there willing to help you and they won't think less of you if you need them. In fact, they are likely to feel honored that you would consider them. Try and plan ahead. If you know you are coming into a time where you plate will be full to over flowing, think about asking for help in advance or even hiring someone temporarily. Or why not hire them permanently? Do you REALLY have to mow the lawn every week or can't you pay a neighbor kid to do it or teach your own kids to do it. Do you find yourself constantly picking your kids up and dropping them off for the same activities every week? Then start a carpool because you must know that you are not the only mom out there that feels more like a taxi then a parent!
5. Energy renewal. Set aside a few minutes or more a day to renew your energy. I know what you're thinking, "I have no more time!" but trust me, the more energy you have the more you will get done in a shorter amount of time. If you are feeling refreshed you will procrastinate less. Managing your energy can be done in just a few minutes at a time. Take a few moments to close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and just be in the moment. If you are into yoga, do a few relaxing poses a few times a day or just stretch your body loosen up a bit. You may want to even think about signing up for some yoga or meditation classes or get some DVDs or books about the subject. A great book for beginners is called The Joy Within by Joan Goldstein and Manuela Soares. Meditating a few times a day only takes minutes and will do wonders for your mind as well as your time management but make sure to turn off your phones during these moments! Another book I highly recommend if you're interested in energy renewal is "The Power of Full Engagement" by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz.
So, if you're up for the challenge, I would suggest you take a few moments each morning or night to make your prioritized to do list. Also, start becoming more aware of what you want more time for and what you are protecting your time for. Make a list of the top three things you want to do with this time and keep those things in mind when you are about to say yes to something you want to say no to or when you start procrastinating or falling into a black hole.
Ally Moll is a Life and Creativity Coach located in South Central Wisconsin. She offers one on one coaching to artists and women who want to incorporate more creativity in their lives. Ally helps people declutter their minds and their lives so they can be happier and have more time to do what they want. She can also assist you in becoming more free and independent by helping you start your own small business.
Time management for musicians hypebot.com
Time Management 101 Vancouver Island University News
ER Goddess: Seven Time Management Tips for Physician Moms... : Emergency Medicine News - LWW Journals
Jeff Saturday bemoans late-game time management in Colts' loss to Steelers: 'I wish I had that third down back' - Sporting News
Jeff Saturday bemoans late-game time management in Colts' loss to Steelers: 'I wish I had that third down back' Sporting News
Why Time Management is a Vital Skill that All Salespeople Should Master - Atlanta Small Business Network
Why Time Management is a Vital Skill that All Salespeople Should Master Atlanta Small Business Network
10 Time Management Tips for Recruiters PharmiWeb.com
Featured job: Project Manager - Library Security & Safety Hillsborough County
Matt Easton on the importance of having effective time management skills http://cbtnews.com/
Current Students | Graduate students: Increase your productivity by attending time management workshop Dec. 13 - WVU Students
Current Students | Graduate students: Increase your productivity by attending time management workshop Dec. 13 WVU Students
Time Management Tips for Your Business usatales.com
Impressive Numbers On And Off The Gridiron Add Up To Success For Indiana High School Players - Colts.com
Impressive Numbers On And Off The Gridiron Add Up To Success For Indiana High School Players Colts.com
Banking a time-eater in business | TheSpec.com Hamilton Spectator
Tips to help student time management | THE Campus Learn, Share, Connect Times Higher Education
Student Blog: Right On Track Broadway World
After Writing About Elon Musks Time Management Method, Timeboxing, I Started Using it. - DataDrivenInvestor
After Writing About Elon Musks Time Management Method, Timeboxing, I Started Using it. DataDrivenInvestor
Al-Powered Systems Can Perform High-Volume Tasks in Short Span of Time Driving Vaccine Management Solutions, States Fact.MR - Yahoo Finance
Al-Powered Systems Can Perform High-Volume Tasks in Short Span of Time Driving Vaccine Management Solutions, States Fact.MR Yahoo Finance
6 Tips for Better Time Management ReadWrite
Campus experts give advice on finals stress Binghamton University Pipe Dream
Youth Ministry shares findings of Gathering participant poll Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod
Some moms are pushing back against holiday stress The Washington Post
EDITORIAL: Treat Your Service Workers With Some Respect The Montclarion
Scholar Athlete: Avery Green Spectrum News
Places on campus to study during dead and finals week Daily O'Collegian
ICSE Class 10 Board Exams 2023 Datesheet Released! Time Management Plan With Key Subject-wise Preparation Guidelines to Ensure Success - ThePrint
ICSE Class 10 Board Exams 2023 Datesheet Released! Time Management Plan With Key Subject-wise Preparation Guidelines to Ensure Success ThePrint
Why Studio Bones MHA & Mob Psycho 100 Have Different Animation Quality CBR - Comic Book Resources
Leadership In A Time Of Slower Growth Josh Bersin
DHS announces extension of REAL ID full enforcement deadline | Transportation Security Administration - Transportation Security Administration
DHS announces extension of REAL ID full enforcement deadline | Transportation Security Administration Transportation Security Administration
Balancing teaching and research work | THE Campus Learn, Share, Connect Times Higher Education
MEAL Officer - Syrian Arab Republic ReliefWeb
Sunday Night Football Tonight Week 13: Who Plays, TV Channel, Start Time, Live Stream Options, and More - Pro Football Network
Sunday Night Football Tonight Week 13: Who Plays, TV Channel, Start Time, Live Stream Options, and More Pro Football Network
Time to be You The HR Director Magazine
Time management, Mariners at nationals and study resources 📚 Vancouver Island University News
Euro Banking Association Report Explores Use Of Real-Time Data In Corporate Liquidity Management | Crowdfund - Crowdfund Insider
Euro Banking Association Report Explores Use Of Real-Time Data In Corporate Liquidity Management | Crowdfund Crowdfund Insider
What a Good College GPA Is and Why It Matters U.S. News & World Report
Human Resources Officer paNOW
Importance Of Extra-curricular Activities In Teaching Life Skills BW Businessworld
How to Improve Your Productivity Selling Printing Printing Impressions
UFC takeaways: Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson still has it, but should he jump right back into the title picture? - ESPN
UFC takeaways: Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson still has it, but should he jump right back into the title picture? ESPN
How to Lead Remote Teams: 12 Tips for Effective Leadership in a Virtual Work Environment - BBN Times
Blood pressure management: Best food to increase and decrease blood pressure in a short time - check list - Zee News
Blood pressure management: Best food to increase and decrease blood pressure in a short time - check list Zee News
Calendar Troy Record
SWASING | Long-Term, Long-Distance, Long Shot Cornell University The Cornell Daily Sun
Q&A: Time Management for Work and Screens Duke Today
Sadie's Sweet Shoppe Interview – The Scarlet The Scarlet
'Don't be Afraid to Contribute': Mirko Brombin Talks about Vanilla OS and Other Future Projects - It's FOSS News
'Don't be Afraid to Contribute': Mirko Brombin Talks about Vanilla OS and Other Future Projects It's FOSS News
Taking a dip in the world of suspense and Thriller Interview Times
24 Time Management Strategies to Be More Efficient Entrepreneur
Mind Your Farm Business — Ep. 79: Planning for business growth RealAgriculture
Improving Your Time Management for Better Mental Health | U.S. News U.S. News & World Report
Effective Time Management for Leaders Entrepreneur
Konopski has resigned from sheriff's office; says he is 'scapegoat' Lake Geneva Regional News
Assa Abloy Discusses The Role Of Access Control In Enabling More Flexible Working - SecurityInformed
Disaster recovery in the banking sector Pulse Ghana
Time management: How to be more productive at work Fox Business
Low Tech Time Management
A simple kitchen gadget is transforming my life. I don't know why I never thought of it before.
Take Back Your Time
"You will never find time for anything. You must make it.
Time Well Spent
It is common knowledge that creating and living according to a financial budget is a requisite for fiscal health and well-being. Budgets enable allocation of resources according to priorities.
The Keepers of Time
I give presentations on organizational skill building as it relates to paper, time, and computer file management. It seems that we all have too much paper, not enough time, and more than enough information stored in our computers if we could just find it!Part of my job is to help identify the challenges an employee or organization is facing and suggest solutions.
Six Foundational Reasons for Managing Your Time
Most of us know how to manage our time. It is pretty simple really.
Career Redesign Tools For Work-Life Balance
Partnering with the University of Pennsylvania Law School and the Wharton School, Thirdpath Institute, a non-profit whose mission is "To assist individuals and families in finding new ways to redesign work to create time for family, community and other life priorities," held a 2-day conference in May, 2004 for lawyers, entitled "Having a Life: Creating Work-Life Balance in the Law." I was part of a small team of career and work-life professionals who facilitated small group breakout sessions that were held throughout the conference.
What keeping time really means is..
Put a Couple of Elephants on Your Plate
How do you eat two elephants? The same way you would eat one; one bite at a time. Monstrous tasks often appear to be complex and overwhelming.
Four Simple Ways To Take Control Of Your Time And Your Life
It's been said, "That no one has enough time yet, everyone has all that there is." Simple concept - except when you're living your life in the multi-tasking lane.
Time Management Mastery
From Potential to PerformanceOne of the great things about life is that we can realistically be or do anything we choose to. This includes being a good time manager! We must believe that we can be a good time manager - that we have the potential.
Living on Purpose: Achieving Balance Between Work And the Rest of Your Life
Many of us get so caught up in day-to-day pressures that we often find ourselves reacting to external demands rather than designing lives that really fulfill us. While in today's economic environment we face many stresses in our jobs, it is still possible to create balance between our work and personal lives.
Sharpen The Saw
Sometime ago, my lovely wife woke me up in the middle of the night and said, 'Dayo, you know what? I feel neglected.' I was speechless.
Desktop Management Boosts Productivity
Many of us spend long hours at our desk. To assist make the most of every day we need to focus on creating an environment condusive to work.
Let Someone Else Do It
When you decide to become self-employed, you automatically become the "Chief, Cook, and Bottle Washer."In other words, you do it all.
Delegate or Drown
Why waste your precious time working on tasks, which are definitely not your forte when you can delegate or invest your money on a product or service which will free up your time? You can then focus on the more important areas in your work and your life.Debbie's StoryDebbie was the Director of her own computer company, employing four staff.
What Would Save You Time?
We all get overwhelmed from time to time, and sometimes it seems as if 24 hours a day is just not enough to get everything accomplished that we would like. Let's consider this a brainstorming session.
Top Ten Motivators
Setting goals is the easy part -- but sticking with them over the long run can be a major challenge! Some people think that motivation requires will-power and dedication. Actually, staying motivated is all about setting up an environment that is conducive to you accomplishing your goals.
5 Result-Getting Time Management Tips
How often have you tried to manage your time in more productive ways, and found the process to be difficult and confusing? Perhaps you simply gave up on the idea. As one friend said, "Time management takes too much time!"These tips will simplify time management with five important steps that can bring remarkable changes.
Tips to Manage Incoming E-mail
Friends, colleagues, and clients are all telling me that one of their biggest challenges is trying to manage e-mail overload. They say everyone wants something from them and consequently, they're buried in e-mail.
When Is Time Management Not Enough?
A working manager needs more than time management.That old saying, "Dance with the one that brought you to the ball," came to mind as I received a reality jolt recently.
|home | site map|