|Time Management Information|
10 Time Management Tips for Busy Professionals
If you feel like your life moves faster than a Nascar race, you're not alone. We are living in a time where dual income families and single parent homes are the norm, a sharp contrast to the happy sitcom families we grew up watching on TV.
So how do you get everything accomplished when there are only 24 hours in a day? The first step is to reprioritize. Does it really matter if you're house is immaculate? Does your family really need a 7-course meal on the table every night? Instead of spending time preparing an elaborate meal, wouldn't you rather use that time with your family or to catch up on some R&R for yourself?
Regardless of how your priorities are defined, we could all use some extra time in the day. The following are some time management ideas that can help increase your productivity and improve the quality of your life. Try incorporating just a few of these ideas and see how it affects your life. You will be glad you did!
1. Turn your email off. It may be hard to break away from your constant communication with the world, but if you check email twice per day instead, you will be amazed by how much time you save. Specify specific time frames during the day that you will devote to email and stick to your schedule.
One Silicon Valley company recently implemented a No Email rule on Fridays. If you need a question answered, you have to pick up the phone or walk over to the person with the answer. While this may not always be the most productive solution, it drives home the point that we rely too heavily on email for our communication. When you stop letting it rule your life, your productivity will ultimately increase.
2. Create email filters to send junk mail directly to the trash bin. With the latest version of Microsoft Outlook, you can right click on a junk message and add the sender to your Blocked Senders list, preventing any future messages from that sender from landing in your Inbox.
3. Hire a Virtual Assistant to handle administrative tasks. VAs are remote office administrators who can handle tasks including large mailings, contact management and other office duties. They can be hired for a simple project or on an ongoing basis. To find a VA, visit the International Virtual Assistants Association.
4. Get in the habit of using a To Do list every day. At the end of each day, make a list of items to complete the following day. This helps you put closure on the day so you don't leave worried about forgetting the tasks that await you tomorrow.
5. Manage your meetings. Set expectations when beginning a meeting by announcing a cut-off time. You could say something like, "I know you're busy too and I have another meeting at 3:00 so let's plan to wrap this up by 2:45." This not only keeps your schedule on track, but busy attendees will appreciate it as well. Keep an eye on the clock and stick to the time you have allotted.
6. Get your filing system in order. Do you waste time looking for invoices or receipts? Create a file folder for receipts each month and simply drop your papers into each corresponding folder. This can also be useful later on when you have a question about a credit card expense from January. Simply pull out your January folder and voila- you have your information at your fingertips!
7. Use pre-printed lists for supplies, groceries, etc. Make a list of the office supplies that you use regularly and post one on a bulletin board near your desk. Simply check off the supplies you need when you run low so you remember what you need to reorder. This system works well for groceries and household supplies too. Get your family in the habit of checking off items that are running low so you never again forget to pick something up at the grocery store.
8. Use templates for repeat projects. Do you have a daily, weekly or monthly report to write? Do you spend time calculating figures manually that could be done easily in a spreadsheet? Create templates to reuse over and over again and minimize your prep time.
9. Freeze leftovers. If you have a serving or two left of tonight's dinner and you know nobody will want it tomorrow, put it in a freezer safe container and save it for lunch or a quick dinner option in the upcoming weeks.
10. Designate a daily chore to everyone in your family. In previous generations, most kids worked for a living! Break your kids away from the video games for twenty minutes to help with garbage duty, dishes, vacuuming or taking care of the pets. Delegating one chore to everyone daily will lighten your load and keep your home organized and clean. You can even make a list or spreadsheet and rotate the chores or make it fun by offering a reward after everyone finishes.
Don't forget the most important time management tip- make time for yourself. You're no good to anyone if you're sleep deprived and miserable. We all deserve a little downtime, even if that means you have to schedule some time for yourself into your calendar each day. Your business, family and relationships will all benefit when your priorities are in order and you have balance in your life.
***This is an excerpt from "100+ Time Management Tips for Busy Professionals by Stephanie Chandler. For more information, visit: http://www.BusinessInfoGuide.com/timemanagement.htm
Stephanie Chandler is the author of "The Business Startup Checklist and Planning Guide: Seize Your Entrepreneurial Dreams!" and the founder of http://www.BusinessInfoGuide.com, a directory of free resources for entrepreneurs. Sign up for the BusinessInfoGuide newsletter to receive hot resources and tips every month.
Try These 4 Effective Time Management Tips First For Women
Time Management Workshop St. Petersburg College
8 Time Management Tips When Working in Different Time Zones MUO - MakeUseOf
Controlling Your Chaos | AACC.org American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)
Time Management for Sales Managers - HFA Home Furnishings Association
Time management Early County News
Blessed Assurance: Time management | Religion ... The Central Virginian
A Kickstarter employee chronicles her four-day workweek Employee Benefit News
Have you ever observed your mother's time management skills?: Modi on Pariksha Pe Charcha - Business Insider India
Have you ever observed your mother's time management skills?: Modi on Pariksha Pe Charcha Business Insider India
Briefing: Instagram Introduces New Screen Time Management Tool The Information
Northfield Mount Hermon: Empowering Students to Learn, Discover ... Study International News
Building Resilience Into US Prescription Drug Supply Chains healthaffairs.org
Saturday Dolphins Mailbag: What If, Time Management, and More Sports Illustrated
Is It Time to Shake Up Your WFH Routine? HBR.org Daily
ASPEN TECHNOLOGY, INC. Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations. (form 10-Q) - Marketscreener.com
ASPEN TECHNOLOGY, INC. Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations. (form 10-Q) Marketscreener.com
Seven Must-Have Subscription Management Capabilities in a First ... Subscription Insider
Rochester K-12 education: Our school children need 'urgent care ... Rochester Beacon
10 ways to reduce stress at the workplace Hindustan Times
Health Program Officer - Türkiye ReliefWeb
10 things to do this week: Network with Apple, see a hypnotist, more - University of Colorado Boulder
10 things to do this week: Network with Apple, see a hypnotist, more University of Colorado Boulder
Alamance County to launch youth program to reduce violence in the community WXII12 Winston-Salem
C-I Triple-A winners are not strangers to one another ECM Publishers
Tips to Grow Your Business Fast The Good Men Project
FETC 2023: 4 Ways to Personalize Learning and Teach Self ... EdTech Magazine: Focus on K-12
BUS DRIVER (Full-Time) DIVISION ON AGING / OFFICE OF ... Monroe Township
A Networking Event That Sparked a Romantic Partnership The New York Times
I've helped hundreds of people land 6-figure salaries. Here's why you're getting job interviews—but no offers - CNBC
I've helped hundreds of people land 6-figure salaries. Here's why you're getting job interviews—but no offers CNBC
The Mindful Path – Self-Love Prime Time News
U.S. Offices Reach 50% Occupancy for First Time Since Pandemic Hit Wealth Management
5 ways physicians can find relief from an overloaded EHR inbox American Medical Association
Management Accountant – Fiery Angel Ltd. IQ Magazine
10 Indianapolis Companies That Pay Over $35 an Hour | Evan Crosby NewsBreak Original
Calendar Troy Record
Marketing Co-ordinator Pedestrian TV
6 Tips for Better Time Management ReadWrite
A Life Long Philadelphia Fan's Perspective On Andy Reid Barstool Sports
‘Soft’ skills are valued in the modern workplace. - Victoria Times Colonist
CLOSED DUE TO SNOW: This time around, threat was real, as sleet ... Tahlequah Daily Press
Australian pathways program bolstered Bowls Australia
Real-Time Tracking Management System Market Size & Share ... Digital Journal
How to Maximize Your Marketing Budget in 2023 Entrepreneur
Effective Time Management for Leaders ReadWrite
Venturing into your own start-up? 7 tips that will give a push to your entrepreneurial journey - Free Press Journal
Venturing into your own start-up? 7 tips that will give a push to your entrepreneurial journey Free Press Journal
Time Management: How To Get More Done
If you can regularly ask yourself "Am I regularly and consistently working on those items that will move me towards my clearly defined goals?" and honestly answer "Yes" then you are probably doing ok.If not, here are a few time wasters to be aware of and some strategies for protecting your time (priorities).
Benefits of Speed Reading
In this digital age, the importance of being able to absorb information quickly and efficiently is more pronounced than ever. For me, I get tonnes of information every single day.
Procrastination, the habit of putting tasks off to the last possible minute, can be a major problem in both your career and your personal life. Missed opportunities, frenzied work hours, stress, overwhelm, resentment, and guilt are just some of the symptoms.
Four Simple Ways To Take Control Of Your Time And Your Life
It's been said, "That no one has enough time yet, everyone has all that there is." Simple concept - except when you're living your life in the multi-tasking lane.
Time Management - Keeping a Clean Desk
I have worked with so many people over the years that have made me wonder how on earth they can work at their desk when everything that was in their drawers and in their filing cabinets have ended up in piles on top of their keyboard. One co-worker of mine couldn't remember what colour the top of his desk was! I had to say something, but when I did, he told me that he knew where everything was and needed all that paperwork for different projects he was working on.
Managing Worry: Productivity Tips for High Achievers Who Worry
Are you a worrier? Do you frequently spend time and energy worrying about your finances, your children, your career, world politics? Worry can be a highly useful, brilliantly engineered cue to action or a useless and destructive energy drain. The challenge is to decide which it is, on a case-by-case basis, and manage yourself accordingly.
Time: Do You Spend it or Invest it?
Time is our greatest and most precious asset. Time is the great equalizer of all us human beings.
Time Management Training - A Necessary Investment or A Waste Of Money?
Many organisations view time management training as something they'll spend their money on, only if they have to. Usually when pruning the company or department budget, training is often the first area that gets the chop.
Time Management - Honor Your Time and Energy
Your time and energy are the two most precious gifts that you have. Evaluate each month where you are placing your time and energy.
What does it mean to practice self care? It's creating a space and a healthy mind and body to support you in being the best you can be. If your space is filled with chaos, drama, disorganization, sadness and negativity then greatness cannot easily occur.
Todays Overload: Tommorrow
Whatever providence has in store for us tomorrow is not meant for us until tomorrow. It is foolish to burden ourselves today with cares and concerns that belong to another day.
10 Tips on the Right Time of Day for Your Personal Best
Does choosing which time we do an activity really make a difference?Have you ever wondered what would be the best time of day (or week) to do different kinds of work? Every person's internal clock runs on the Human Circadian Timeline. Except those who have been on graveyard shift for years!This is the schedule by which our body systems (including our brain) 'take care of business'.
How You Can Double, Triple, or Even Quadruple Your Reading Speed!
Are you drowning in a sea of unread papers? Do you feel frustrated because you cannot keep up with your reading assignments? You may have wondered if you should take a speed-reading course. Or can you learn to improve your reading ability by yourself?The good news is that if you are committed and actually do the work, you can develop your own speed-reading program at home.
There are the golden rules that apply to time. If followed, your life will be successful.
Prioritize with Two Questions
"Because there will always be something more to do, we need to consciously choose what we are doing."-- Helen KsypkaWhy is it such a challenge to prioritize?We have enough to-dos to last for a lifetime.
7 Ways To Improve Your Life In 7 Days
Choose to be HappyHappiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy.
How Can I Get Some Time to Myself?
"I never seem to have any time for myself. What can I do?"When my two year old followed me to the toilet today I had very similar thought to yours.
Realistic Time Budgeting Tips
I'm sure we've all had the experience of having a certain block of time available, and our to-do list tasks or goals that we want to accomplish in that time frame, only to turn around at the end of that period of time to have the frustrating experience of not getting nearly enough done that we thought we could. What happened? Where did all the time go? This can be in our personal / family lives, our jobs or our businesses.
Being Busy Does Not Equal Being Productive
How many people do you know who are so busy being busy that they never seem to get anything worthwhile done? Does that describe you, maybe even just a little bit?Being busy all the time, through necessity, is a curse. Being busy all the time, for the sake of it, is madness.
Making the Best Use of Your Time
Time - it is the one thing that we are all running out of. It cannot be replaced.
|home | site map|