|Vacation Rentals Information|
How You Can Save Up to 50% or More on Your Next RV Rental Vacation
RV rental vacations aren't cheap, but they do contain loads of opportunities for savings. In fact, there are probably more ways in which the proactive RV rental vacationer can save money than in any other mode of vacation travel.
Entertainment costs are often lower (enjoying RV and campground experience often serves as a major source of entertainment). You also have the option of doing some, or all, of your own meal preparation - meals and drinks can cost about the same as if you'd stayed home.
An RV vacation has potential for savings in a wide range of areas. Here are a few examples:
1. Travel in the Shoulder Seasons. The Shoulder Seasons are those periods between the big prices (and huge crowds) of Peak Season and the low prices (and generally unpleasant weather) of Off Season. Depending on the part of the country, the dealer, and the time of year, Shoulder Season base rates can be 20% to 40% below what you would have to pay in Peak Season. If you don't absolutely have to travel with the big crowds, explore the advantages of RVing in the Shoulder Seasons.
2. Don't Buy Special Clothing. Unlike trips you may have taken in the past, RV vacations don't require any special clothing. Casual and comfortable - that's the RV lifestyle. If you plan to go out to someplace special, you might bring one outfit that's a bit upscale. Otherwise, think casual and comfortable as you pack and your wardrobe will be perfect.
3. Don't Buy Special Equipment. As you begin to get ready for your first ever RV trip, it is tempting to start thinking about all the special equipment you "need". The truth is that, beyond what you'll get from your RV rental dealer, you don't "need" any of it. If you are serious about keeping your vacation affordable, resist the temptation to go out and buy boxes full of gadgets. (On the other hand, a couple of totally frivolous items can be a lot of fun.)
4. Minimize Eating Out. The more serious you are about saving money, the more you may want to take advantage of your RV's kitchen. Prepare a special meal or two, each in a special place, and you can add great memories to your RV vacation even as you are saving money.
5. Take Advantage of Campground Recreational Offerings. Plan some "do-nothing" time. Stay in the same campground for an extra night and spend a day just hanging out. Lay around the pool. Read a book. Fix a special meal. Enjoy a sunset. You'll find some of your best vacation memories in those times when you did absolutely nothing - as in, "We woke up in the morning with absolutely nothing to do and went to bed that evening having only accomplished about half of it."
6. Don't Pay for Hookups That You Don't Need. Most campgrounds offer a variety of campsite options. You will be offered a choice of sites with no hookups, with water and electric only, or with "full hookups". The tendency is to think, "Hey, I'm on vacation here. What the heck, give me the works!" Think about what hookups you actually need. You can usually stop at the campground's dump station to empty your holding tanks as you leave. Over a two week vacation, consistently paying for full hookups when you actually only need water and electric could easily cost you an extra $100.
7. Don't Use Your Propane When You Can Use Their Electricity. Refilling your propane tank(s), while not horribly expensive, has both a time and a money cost. Several systems in your rental RV will operate with either electricity or propane - specifically your refrigerator and your water heater. Water heaters in particular consume massive amounts of propane. When in a campground and connected to "shore power" use their electricity, not your propane, to heat your water and run your refrigerator.
8. Bring your own snacks. Your rental RV comes with a refrigerator and cupboards. Set them up as your snack and drink sources. Roadside convenience stores tend to offer snacks which are both more expensive and nutritionally inferior to those you can pack yourself. When the time comes to replenish your snack supplies, do so at a major supermarket or a discount warehouse - not at a convenience store.
9. Buy Sunscreen and Insect Repellent Before You Leave Home. You can expect to pay double for the same stuff if you don't! When you are being eaten alive by mosquitoes, you won't be likely to spend much time looking for bargains.
10. Contact the Visitor Center and/or Chamber of Commerce In Each Area You Plan to Visit. You can find their numbers on the internet or through directory assistance. Tell them when you plan to be in their area and ask their advice on places to go and things to do. Most will be able to send you maps and brochures. Many will even have local newsletters where you can find lists of events scheduled during the time of your vacation. Take a few minutes to visit with these representatives; they can probably even suggest a few things outside of the normal tourist routines which could be ideal for your family.
11. Avoid High Speeds. Depending on how much driving you do, fuel costs may be one of the most significant items in your RV rental vacation budget. One way of reducing those costs is to drive a bit slower. Driving at 62 mph will reduce your fuel consumption by around 15% when compared to what it would be if driving at 75 mph. Driving slower is also much safer and a lot less tiring.
12. Keep Tires Properly Inflated. Another fuel saver is to keep tire air pressures at the levels recommended by your dealer. Studies have shown that a single tire under inflated by 2 PSI can increase fuel consumption by 1%. It is scary to think about the impact it must have on gas mileage to drive a Class C Motorhome with 6 tires each under-inflated by 5 or 10 pounds!!
Clearly there are a lot of ways to save money on your RV rental vacation. Many will not only save you money, but will increase the quality of your vacation experience at the same time. A better vacation for less money. It's what we are all looking for!
Dave Corby has been an avid RVer for more than 30 years. He wrote "The Vacationer's Guide to RV Rentals" to help others discover the freedom and excitement of RV travel. Visit RVRentalGuide.com for more incredible RV rental tips.
Hotel-Quality Vacation Rentals, Without the Hotel - WSJ The Wall Street Journal
Santa Barbara Considers Pilot Project to Crack Down on Illegal Short-Term Vacation Rentals | Local News - Noozhawk
Santa Barbara Considers Pilot Project to Crack Down on Illegal Short-Term Vacation Rentals | Local News Noozhawk
This Budget-Friendly Vacation Rental In Virginia Is Perfect For An Affordable Vacation - Only In Your State
This Budget-Friendly Vacation Rental In Virginia Is Perfect For An Affordable Vacation Only In Your State
How to Build a Successful Lucrative Airbnb, According to Hosts Business Insider
There’s A Georgia Vacation Rental In The Forest That Feels Like A Real Life Fairy Tale - Only In Your State
There’s A Georgia Vacation Rental In The Forest That Feels Like A Real Life Fairy Tale Only In Your State
Editorial: Keep pressure on vacation rentals Honolulu Star-Advertiser
SLO County’s median home price rises while sales slow. Here’s what’s happening in your town - San Luis Obispo Tribune
SLO County’s median home price rises while sales slow. Here’s what’s happening in your town San Luis Obispo Tribune
MPs pass new law adding fee to holiday rentals Royal Gazette
Neighbors and Saranac Lake’s short-term vacation rentals | News ... - The Adirondack Daily Enterprise
Neighbors and Saranac Lake’s short-term vacation rentals | News ... The Adirondack Daily Enterprise
Close To Several State And National Parks, The Small Town Of Springdale, Utah Is Overflowing With Unique Vacation Rentals - Only In Your State
Close To Several State And National Parks, The Small Town Of Springdale, Utah Is Overflowing With Unique Vacation Rentals Only In Your State
This Budget-Friendly Vacation Rental In Georgia Is Perfect For An Affordable Mountain Vacation - Only In Your State
This Budget-Friendly Vacation Rental In Georgia Is Perfect For An Affordable Mountain Vacation Only In Your State
Close To The Water And Filled With Attractions, The Small Town Of Mystic, Connecticut Is Overflowing With Unique Vacation Rentals - Only In Your State
Close To The Water And Filled With Attractions, The Small Town Of Mystic, Connecticut Is Overflowing With Unique Vacation Rentals Only In Your State
Santa Barbara to Throw the Book at Illegal Vacation Rentals? Santa Barbara Independent
Proptech Firm Launches Fractional Ownership for Vacation Rentals Commercial Observer
New Orleans attempts again to regulate vacation rentals Waco Tribune-Herald
Luxury Vacation Rentals Market Is Flying High Skift Travel News
Close To Several State Parks, The Town Of New Iberia, Louisiana Is Overflowing With Unique Vacation Rentals - Only In Your State
Close To Several State Parks, The Town Of New Iberia, Louisiana Is Overflowing With Unique Vacation Rentals Only In Your State
Bill would change regulations for vacation rentals Florida’s Voice
Pasco board discusses how to regulate vacation home rentals The Laker/Lutz News
Featured Vacation Rental: March 23, 2023 OCNJ Daily
Property owners form group to oppose Chattanooga's proposed ... Chattanooga Times Free Press
Here Are The 10 Most Unique Places to Stay in Montana Only In Your State
Tuscarawas County hosting more guests in vacation homes Times Reporter
It's Not Too Late to Book Your Vacation Rentals in Del. NBC 10 Philadelphia
How the Vacation Rental Industry is Evolving in 2023 Legal Reader
12 Best Vacation Rentals With Incredible Private Pools Only In Your State
Windsor council shifts direction on banning existing vacation rentals North Bay Business Journal
Chattanooga City Council gives initial OK to new vacation rental ... Chattanooga Times Free Press
Collection agency ramps up against Oahu vacation rental violations Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Hamilton County again extends vacation rental permit pause as ... Chattanooga Times Free Press
Bill allowing local rules for short-term rentals advances in House Florida Politics
Finding the best vacation rental in Puerto Vallarta (and not fall for a ... - Puerto Vallarta Daily News
Finding the best vacation rental in Puerto Vallarta (and not fall for a ... Puerto Vallarta Daily News
City officials prepare to defend local vacation rental regulations - The Anna Maria Island Sun Newspaper
City officials prepare to defend local vacation rental regulations The Anna Maria Island Sun Newspaper
12 Cool Airbnbs and VRBOs for Rental in Michigan - Hour Detroit ... Hour Detroit Magazine
This Search Filter on Airbnb Might Help You Find the Most ... Travel + Leisure
10 Best Places To Stay In the Outer Banks In North Carolina Only In Your State
Featured Vacation Rental: March 9, 2023 OCNJ Daily
City looks at new limits on vacation rentals Hi-Desert Star
Zumper Enters the Vacation Rental Market Skift Travel News
The red flags to look out for when booking a vacation rental The Globe and Mail
AM mayor delivers ‘bad news’ on legislative outlook The Anna Maria Islander
Coronado Built Just 54 New Housing Units Last Year, Will Building ... Coronado Times Newspaper
New Wilmington hotels shift out of downtown, beach towns StarNewsOnline.com
New Orleans attempts again to regulate vacation rentals Caledonian Record
Plan a Family Golf Vacation Gulf Shores
Is being a landlord worth it? Jacksonville Journal-Courier
Inside The Posh Gated Community Where Gwyneth Paltrow Is ... Guestofaguest.com
Is It Too Late to Buy Airbnb Stock? The Motley Fool
Time to Change Your Tires; Planning Commission; Children to Receive Additional Food Benefits - Coast Radio
Time to Change Your Tires; Planning Commission; Children to Receive Additional Food Benefits Coast Radio
Vail Resorts Introduces "My Epic Gear," Reimagining Gear ... - Investor Relations | Vail Resorts, Inc.
Vail Resorts Introduces "My Epic Gear," Reimagining Gear ... Investor Relations | Vail Resorts, Inc.
Sellers get creative to sell houses before L.A. mansion tax Los Angeles Times
Fire damages house in Brewster Cape Cod Daily News
Unlicensed vacation rentals face fines, other penalties > City of ... - The City of Covington, KY (.gov)
Unlicensed vacation rentals face fines, other penalties > City of ... The City of Covington, KY (.gov)
Where Are the Most Profitable Winter Vacation Rentals? The New York Times
Vacation Rentals Are In The Hawaii Legislature's Crosshairs Honolulu Civil Beat
Bill introduced to track and tax NY vacation rentals Olean Times Herald
Iowa's unique vacation rentals include llama farmhouse, caboose ... Des Moines Register
What Expedia Won’t Be Announcing This Week About Vacation Rentals Skift Travel News
From glass houses to a summer camp, these are some of ... Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
The Pros And Cons Of The Growing Demand For Vacation Rentals West Virginia Public Broadcasting
Welcome to Floridas Emerald Coast!
Stay a week or stay a lifetime, the Emerald Coast of the Florida Panhandle is hard to resist. You'll never forget how you relaxed on the sugar, white powder sands, listening to the blue green gulf water.
Staying In A Vacation Cabin Rental
Did you know that staying in a vacation cabin rental is a much better deal than staying in a hotel room?Why?Well, it's pretty simple, basically you get a house to stay in instead of a single room with four walls.Plus, you get to enjoy privacy, you can cook, you get a full size refrigerator, you may also get many amenities that just don't come with a hotel room, like a Jacuzzi and a game room.
Ormond Beach, FL: A Small Piece of Paradise
Within Volusia County, Florida, the small community of Ormond Beach claims the highest standard of living. Since its founding, the town has always been a Mecca for those who were looking for the good things in life.
A Review of Popular Punta Cana Hotels
Punta Cana is an affordable destination in a magnificent tropical setting. There are hotels that range from moderate to the luxurious.
Disney World Lodging Options in Orlando Florida and Nearby Cities
At the heart of Central Florida lies one of the most beloved family vacation spots, Walt Disney World. Walt Disney World is not only a theme park with legendary rides and characters, but it is a family vacation experience from the wonderful restaurants and exhausting, yet exciting theme parks to the breathtaking scenery and fabulous lodging.
Buying Real Estate in Cozumel
As beautiful and modern as Cozumel is, visitors must remember that it is a foreign country is not part of America, although it caters quite well to American tourists. Everybody on Cozumel speaks English, some with little or no detectable accent.
Gatlinburgs Real Estate Market
Real estate in Gatlinburg is thriving. While the 2000 census estimated that some 3,300 people live year-round in Gatlinburg, many thousands more visit during every season of the year.
Vacationing in a Gatlinburg Cabin
For many decades Gatlinburg has been a favorite resort getaway for both families and couples. Located in the Smoky Mountains of eastern Tennessee, Gatlinburg sits at the entrance of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Why an Algarve Vacation?
If a vacation, as defined by a dictionary is: 'leisure time away from work devoted to rest or pleasure', then one taken in Algarve must be the epitome of that term.The southern-most region of Portugal, Algarve is a holiday-maker's dream.
Vacationing with Children
Traveling with children will be a memorable event - the question is "What kind?" Your chances of a lifetime memory you will cherish increase significantly with some advance communication and preparation.The book, Love It or Lose It: Living Clutter-Free Forever, outlines a five-step process you can apply to organizing any area of your life - including traveling with children of any age.
A Guide to Punta Cana Beaches
Punta Cana Beaches are among the most beautiful in the world and offer a recreation area for young and old to enjoy.The beaches around Punta Cana and Bavaro, are full of white sand and beautifully maintained.
Villasin Algarve - No1 For Property Investors
The Algarve, and particularly the areas around Carvoeiro, Albufeira, Praia da Luz, Vale do Lobo, and Lagos are considered to be some of the finest private Villa rental locations in Europe. The area is an increasingly popular holiday destination for all age groups, due mainly to the fact that there is something for everyone, and at most times of the year.
Living and Retiring in Bolivia
A beautiful and inexpensive place without a tourist in sight. Sound like a dream? It's not.
How To Close A Timeshare Sale - Minimize The Hassles
Making the decision to dive into the world of timeshares for investment or family vacation fun is a huge one. With a small financial exchange and the stroke of a pen, the commitment to join an ownership group in the maintenance of a piece of property, sometimes a world away, is sealed.
Top Ten Reasons To Pick A Vacation Rental
We are planning a family trip for just a few days. That is my family, my brother's family, and my other brother's family.
Holiday time is around the corner and its time to plan where to go and what sort of holiday you prefer.If you dislike the hustle and bustle of busy hotels or living in a selfcatering apartment what are your options!You can rent a caravan or hire a tent, or you could decide to take a cottage holiday.
Learn From My Personal Experience About Bahamas Vacation Rentals
Bahamas house rental or a hotel? Vacation rentals are becoming very popular but many people ask the wrong questions when they enquire about a house rental, read this article where I answer many essential questions most people forget to ask when they book a Bahamas house rental or travel to the Bahamas.Is the beach nearby?This seems a pointless question, as you are renting a 'Beach House' and the assumption is already there, however prepare to be surprised, almost 30 % of Bahama's Beach Houses are advertised as such but are located up to a mile from the actual beach.
You Only Have One Life, Let Your Caribbean Dream Come True
Turning your dream to Reality-Buying in the CaribbeanBuying a home in the Caribbean is something many people only dream of. A little determination and, some financial resources can easily make this dream become a reality.
Guide to Choosing the Right Disney Vacation Accommodations for Your Family
The secret treasure of Davenport's and Kissimmee's townhouses.Though usually Orlando is thought of as being a big city with bright lights and lots of hotels, Walt Disney World and Universal, and more tourists than you can count, most people don't know about the secret treasure of Davenport's and Kissimmee's townhouses.
Thailand Golf Packages and Thailand Hotels Reservation
Thailand is a popular golf paradise and home to many world class designed golf courses. There are many reasons for golf lovers to golf in Thailand.
|home | site map|