|Vacation Rentals Information|
How You Can Save Up to 50% or More on Your Next RV Rental Vacation
RV rental vacations aren't cheap, but they do contain loads of opportunities for savings. In fact, there are probably more ways in which the proactive RV rental vacationer can save money than in any other mode of vacation travel.
Entertainment costs are often lower (enjoying RV and campground experience often serves as a major source of entertainment). You also have the option of doing some, or all, of your own meal preparation - meals and drinks can cost about the same as if you'd stayed home.
An RV vacation has potential for savings in a wide range of areas. Here are a few examples:
1. Travel in the Shoulder Seasons. The Shoulder Seasons are those periods between the big prices (and huge crowds) of Peak Season and the low prices (and generally unpleasant weather) of Off Season. Depending on the part of the country, the dealer, and the time of year, Shoulder Season base rates can be 20% to 40% below what you would have to pay in Peak Season. If you don't absolutely have to travel with the big crowds, explore the advantages of RVing in the Shoulder Seasons.
2. Don't Buy Special Clothing. Unlike trips you may have taken in the past, RV vacations don't require any special clothing. Casual and comfortable - that's the RV lifestyle. If you plan to go out to someplace special, you might bring one outfit that's a bit upscale. Otherwise, think casual and comfortable as you pack and your wardrobe will be perfect.
3. Don't Buy Special Equipment. As you begin to get ready for your first ever RV trip, it is tempting to start thinking about all the special equipment you "need". The truth is that, beyond what you'll get from your RV rental dealer, you don't "need" any of it. If you are serious about keeping your vacation affordable, resist the temptation to go out and buy boxes full of gadgets. (On the other hand, a couple of totally frivolous items can be a lot of fun.)
4. Minimize Eating Out. The more serious you are about saving money, the more you may want to take advantage of your RV's kitchen. Prepare a special meal or two, each in a special place, and you can add great memories to your RV vacation even as you are saving money.
5. Take Advantage of Campground Recreational Offerings. Plan some "do-nothing" time. Stay in the same campground for an extra night and spend a day just hanging out. Lay around the pool. Read a book. Fix a special meal. Enjoy a sunset. You'll find some of your best vacation memories in those times when you did absolutely nothing - as in, "We woke up in the morning with absolutely nothing to do and went to bed that evening having only accomplished about half of it."
6. Don't Pay for Hookups That You Don't Need. Most campgrounds offer a variety of campsite options. You will be offered a choice of sites with no hookups, with water and electric only, or with "full hookups". The tendency is to think, "Hey, I'm on vacation here. What the heck, give me the works!" Think about what hookups you actually need. You can usually stop at the campground's dump station to empty your holding tanks as you leave. Over a two week vacation, consistently paying for full hookups when you actually only need water and electric could easily cost you an extra $100.
7. Don't Use Your Propane When You Can Use Their Electricity. Refilling your propane tank(s), while not horribly expensive, has both a time and a money cost. Several systems in your rental RV will operate with either electricity or propane - specifically your refrigerator and your water heater. Water heaters in particular consume massive amounts of propane. When in a campground and connected to "shore power" use their electricity, not your propane, to heat your water and run your refrigerator.
8. Bring your own snacks. Your rental RV comes with a refrigerator and cupboards. Set them up as your snack and drink sources. Roadside convenience stores tend to offer snacks which are both more expensive and nutritionally inferior to those you can pack yourself. When the time comes to replenish your snack supplies, do so at a major supermarket or a discount warehouse - not at a convenience store.
9. Buy Sunscreen and Insect Repellent Before You Leave Home. You can expect to pay double for the same stuff if you don't! When you are being eaten alive by mosquitoes, you won't be likely to spend much time looking for bargains.
10. Contact the Visitor Center and/or Chamber of Commerce In Each Area You Plan to Visit. You can find their numbers on the internet or through directory assistance. Tell them when you plan to be in their area and ask their advice on places to go and things to do. Most will be able to send you maps and brochures. Many will even have local newsletters where you can find lists of events scheduled during the time of your vacation. Take a few minutes to visit with these representatives; they can probably even suggest a few things outside of the normal tourist routines which could be ideal for your family.
11. Avoid High Speeds. Depending on how much driving you do, fuel costs may be one of the most significant items in your RV rental vacation budget. One way of reducing those costs is to drive a bit slower. Driving at 62 mph will reduce your fuel consumption by around 15% when compared to what it would be if driving at 75 mph. Driving slower is also much safer and a lot less tiring.
12. Keep Tires Properly Inflated. Another fuel saver is to keep tire air pressures at the levels recommended by your dealer. Studies have shown that a single tire under inflated by 2 PSI can increase fuel consumption by 1%. It is scary to think about the impact it must have on gas mileage to drive a Class C Motorhome with 6 tires each under-inflated by 5 or 10 pounds!!
Clearly there are a lot of ways to save money on your RV rental vacation. Many will not only save you money, but will increase the quality of your vacation experience at the same time. A better vacation for less money. It's what we are all looking for!
Dave Corby has been an avid RVer for more than 30 years. He wrote "The Vacationer's Guide to RV Rentals" to help others discover the freedom and excitement of RV travel. Visit RVRentalGuide.com for more incredible RV rental tips.
Couple shares passion for outdoors with Tofte Trails vacation rentals Duluth News Tribune
This Vacation Rental Host Is Calling Out His Peers For Their Ridiculous Cleaning Fees, Chore Lists, And Attitudes - BuzzFeed
This Vacation Rental Host Is Calling Out His Peers For Their Ridiculous Cleaning Fees, Chore Lists, And Attitudes BuzzFeed
Telluride is among the first Colorado mountain towns to consider easing short-term rental restrictions - The Colorado Sun
Telluride is among the first Colorado mountain towns to consider easing short-term rental restrictions The Colorado Sun
Rent Shrek's House on Airbnb for Free Travel + Leisure
Wildfire impacts result in decrease in Maui vacation rental supply, demand for August 2023 - Maui Now
Featured Vacation Rental: September 27, 2023 OCNJ Daily
How's the vacation rental business here? Evanston Now
Tennessee Supreme Court could change Airbnb, Vrbo law across state Knoxville News Sentinel
What next for vacation rentals here? Evanston Now
Newberg considers instituting moratorium on new short-term ... Newberg Graphic
The Allure of Vacation Homes: Investing in a Home Away From Home About Town Magazine
Short-Term and Vacation Rentals undergoing rule changes Left Hand Valley Courier
11 Lovely Lighthouse Vacation Rentals TravelAwaits
Short-Term Rental Rules Won’t Dent Vacation Home Market, Study ... The Provincetown Independent
Proposed Amendments Related to Short-Term Dwelling and ... Boulder County (.gov)
Boulder County Planning Commission hears from public on short-term/vacation rental changes - Boulder Daily Camera
Boulder County Planning Commission hears from public on short-term/vacation rental changes Boulder Daily Camera
Florida’s Short-Term Rental Squeeze Skift Travel News
Gettysburg planners recommend against vacation rental | Local ... Gettysburg Times
Can I Still Book an Airbnb in New York City? AFAR Media
Deadline to grandfather STRs approaching | News, Sports, Jobs The Adirondack Daily Enterprise
Low demand results in more available vacation rentals Hawaii Tribune-Herald
Hotels Are Actually Cheaper Than Vacation Rentals on Airbnb and Vrbo, According to a New Report - Yahoo Life
Hotels Are Actually Cheaper Than Vacation Rentals on Airbnb and Vrbo, According to a New Report Yahoo Life
Vacation Rentals closing HSV office effective Nov. 1 Hot Springs Village Voice
Phoenix vacation rental law is tougher but still toothless The Arizona Republic
Real Estate: Where is the Coronado Real Estate Market Going? Coronado Times Newspaper
Better Business Bureau warns of vacation rental scams Spectrum News
How rural Airbnbs stay booked Marketplace
RoomRaccoon teams up with Vrbo to connect users with global ... TravelDailyNews International
The vacation rentals allow travelers to meet their expectations with ... - TravelDailyNews International
The vacation rentals allow travelers to meet their expectations with ... TravelDailyNews International
13 Florida Cities Are Among The Top To Own A Short-Term Rental ESPN Southwest Florida
Vacation rentals on Sept. 15 council agenda The Catalina Inslader
Autumn Cools Prices for Flights and Hotels The Courier-Times
Vacation Rental Regulars Finally Get a Loyalty Program … Kinda The Eastern Progress Online
New Technology Developments in Short-Term Vacation Rentals (STRs) Market to Grow during Forecast year 2023-203 - openPR
New Technology Developments in Short-Term Vacation Rentals (STRs) Market to Grow during Forecast year 2023-203 openPR
How Did We Get to Santa Barbara’s Housing Crisis? Santa Barbara Independent
How To Transform Your Vacation Rental Property Into a Home Away ... Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Views on STVRs, Orange Crush discussed by Tybee Island City ... Savannah Morning News
Be aware of rental and internet scams | South Lake Tahoe ... South Tahoe Now
Why this Gorge vacation spot can't staff its restaurants anymore The Seattle Times
Boise compliance with Airbnb licensing ordinance boisedev.com
Let’s Focus on Property Tax Solutions, Not Political Soundbites Flathead Beacon
Oceana housing study reflects little housing available | News shorelinemedia.net
SkyRun CEO Brings Experience to Emerging Property Management ... Franchise Times
Letters to the Editor: published Sept. 22, 2023 The Catalina Inslader
Airbnb removed them for having criminal records. Now, they're speaking out against a policy they see as "antihuman." - CBS News
Airbnb removed them for having criminal records. Now, they're speaking out against a policy they see as "antihuman." CBS News
Office of the Governor – News Release – Gov. Green Announces ... David Y. Ige | Newsroom
Tourism Executives Campaign To Bring Needed Visitors To Maui Honolulu Civil Beat
The Number One Reason Some Cancun Tourists Are Choosing ... The Cancun Sun
One Year | News, Sports, Jobs - FORT MYERS Fort Myers Beach Talk
Lakeshore neighborhood group lobbies to reverse short-term rental ... - Crain's Grand Rapids Business
Lakeshore neighborhood group lobbies to reverse short-term rental ... Crain's Grand Rapids Business
Emergency moratorium on new Airbnbs approved in Athens Online Athens
Jarnecke: VSBM will be innovative in bringing visitors to our region South Bend Tribune
Vacation rental market shift leaves owners in "nerve-wracking" situation as popular areas remain unbooked - CBS News
Vacation rental market shift leaves owners in "nerve-wracking" situation as popular areas remain unbooked CBS News
Community Care After the Maui Wildfire YES! Magazine
Climate change is changing where and when people go on vacation The Boston Globe
Chip and Joanna Gaines' Gorgeous Magnolia House is For Sale Wide Open Country
Property broker Pacaso files lawsuit against Newport Beach over ... Los Angeles Times
Vacation rentals: Explosive growth brings jobs, money, but some say ... Smoky Mountain News
Santa Barbara Vows to Take On Illegal Vacation Rentals Santa Barbara Independent
Why vacation rentals are the next big designer side hustle Business of Home
Time to Book a Trip: Vacation Rental Prices Are Dropping Kiplinger's Personal Finance
100+ Best Summer Vacation Rentals to Book Now Condé Nast Traveler
Welcome to Floridas Emerald Coast!
Stay a week or stay a lifetime, the Emerald Coast of the Florida Panhandle is hard to resist. You'll never forget how you relaxed on the sugar, white powder sands, listening to the blue green gulf water.
Staying In A Vacation Cabin Rental
Did you know that staying in a vacation cabin rental is a much better deal than staying in a hotel room?Why?Well, it's pretty simple, basically you get a house to stay in instead of a single room with four walls.Plus, you get to enjoy privacy, you can cook, you get a full size refrigerator, you may also get many amenities that just don't come with a hotel room, like a Jacuzzi and a game room.
Ormond Beach, FL: A Small Piece of Paradise
Within Volusia County, Florida, the small community of Ormond Beach claims the highest standard of living. Since its founding, the town has always been a Mecca for those who were looking for the good things in life.
A Review of Popular Punta Cana Hotels
Punta Cana is an affordable destination in a magnificent tropical setting. There are hotels that range from moderate to the luxurious.
Disney World Lodging Options in Orlando Florida and Nearby Cities
At the heart of Central Florida lies one of the most beloved family vacation spots, Walt Disney World. Walt Disney World is not only a theme park with legendary rides and characters, but it is a family vacation experience from the wonderful restaurants and exhausting, yet exciting theme parks to the breathtaking scenery and fabulous lodging.
Buying Real Estate in Cozumel
As beautiful and modern as Cozumel is, visitors must remember that it is a foreign country is not part of America, although it caters quite well to American tourists. Everybody on Cozumel speaks English, some with little or no detectable accent.
Gatlinburgs Real Estate Market
Real estate in Gatlinburg is thriving. While the 2000 census estimated that some 3,300 people live year-round in Gatlinburg, many thousands more visit during every season of the year.
Vacationing in a Gatlinburg Cabin
For many decades Gatlinburg has been a favorite resort getaway for both families and couples. Located in the Smoky Mountains of eastern Tennessee, Gatlinburg sits at the entrance of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Why an Algarve Vacation?
If a vacation, as defined by a dictionary is: 'leisure time away from work devoted to rest or pleasure', then one taken in Algarve must be the epitome of that term.The southern-most region of Portugal, Algarve is a holiday-maker's dream.
Vacationing with Children
Traveling with children will be a memorable event - the question is "What kind?" Your chances of a lifetime memory you will cherish increase significantly with some advance communication and preparation.The book, Love It or Lose It: Living Clutter-Free Forever, outlines a five-step process you can apply to organizing any area of your life - including traveling with children of any age.
A Guide to Punta Cana Beaches
Punta Cana Beaches are among the most beautiful in the world and offer a recreation area for young and old to enjoy.The beaches around Punta Cana and Bavaro, are full of white sand and beautifully maintained.
Villasin Algarve - No1 For Property Investors
The Algarve, and particularly the areas around Carvoeiro, Albufeira, Praia da Luz, Vale do Lobo, and Lagos are considered to be some of the finest private Villa rental locations in Europe. The area is an increasingly popular holiday destination for all age groups, due mainly to the fact that there is something for everyone, and at most times of the year.
Living and Retiring in Bolivia
A beautiful and inexpensive place without a tourist in sight. Sound like a dream? It's not.
How To Close A Timeshare Sale - Minimize The Hassles
Making the decision to dive into the world of timeshares for investment or family vacation fun is a huge one. With a small financial exchange and the stroke of a pen, the commitment to join an ownership group in the maintenance of a piece of property, sometimes a world away, is sealed.
Top Ten Reasons To Pick A Vacation Rental
We are planning a family trip for just a few days. That is my family, my brother's family, and my other brother's family.
Holiday time is around the corner and its time to plan where to go and what sort of holiday you prefer.If you dislike the hustle and bustle of busy hotels or living in a selfcatering apartment what are your options!You can rent a caravan or hire a tent, or you could decide to take a cottage holiday.
Learn From My Personal Experience About Bahamas Vacation Rentals
Bahamas house rental or a hotel? Vacation rentals are becoming very popular but many people ask the wrong questions when they enquire about a house rental, read this article where I answer many essential questions most people forget to ask when they book a Bahamas house rental or travel to the Bahamas.Is the beach nearby?This seems a pointless question, as you are renting a 'Beach House' and the assumption is already there, however prepare to be surprised, almost 30 % of Bahama's Beach Houses are advertised as such but are located up to a mile from the actual beach.
You Only Have One Life, Let Your Caribbean Dream Come True
Turning your dream to Reality-Buying in the CaribbeanBuying a home in the Caribbean is something many people only dream of. A little determination and, some financial resources can easily make this dream become a reality.
Guide to Choosing the Right Disney Vacation Accommodations for Your Family
The secret treasure of Davenport's and Kissimmee's townhouses.Though usually Orlando is thought of as being a big city with bright lights and lots of hotels, Walt Disney World and Universal, and more tourists than you can count, most people don't know about the secret treasure of Davenport's and Kissimmee's townhouses.
Thailand Golf Packages and Thailand Hotels Reservation
Thailand is a popular golf paradise and home to many world class designed golf courses. There are many reasons for golf lovers to golf in Thailand.
|home | site map|